cpdrummer

Legal help for title fraud / odometer tampering

I bought a class a motor home in Portland  3 weeks ago drove it home to fl. went to transfer title and noticed the miles on the title are more than the odometer reads. Does anyone know of a lawyer that might handle this kind of problem 

thank you

Craig

Yep, the ECM records mileage and cannot be reset unless the entire ECM programming is wiped and new installed. For this type problem the person to contact is the state attorney general.

Edited by rayin

When we bought our current coach they told me that the Speed O had been changed at 16,000 miles. On my trip tech I can bring up coach data and it will give the actual mileage.

Herman

2 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Just wondering how much it was off?

Bill

title 58651   coach 34910

54 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

When we bought our current coach they told me that the Speed O had been changed at 16,000 miles. On my trip tech I can bring up coach data and it will give the actual mileage.

Herman

thank you

3 hours ago, rayin said:

Yep, the ECM records mileage and cannot be reset unless the entire ECM programming is wiped and new installed. For this type problem the person to contact is the state attorney general.

Thank you

In NYS, the first place to call is the DMV. They have investigated units that only do fraudulent titles and odometer set backs.  You wouldn't need a lawyer.

19 hours ago, rayin said:

Thank You

17 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Herman

Thank You