Oldcobia

1995 Safari Sahara

Proud new owner of 1995 Safari 35’.  It has the leaf spring suspension   I need to replace front rotors and probably calipers as well. Any suggestions for places to look for parts.  Thanks 

Oldcobia.  Welcome to the Forum!

Any Auto parts store,  should be able to cross reference....I prefer NAPA and Auto Zone.

Oldcobia,

As Carl said, Welcome to the Forum.

There were several models of Safari Motorhome in 1995. Can you tell us model, gas or diesel and possible the Chassis.

Then you can take that information to NAPA or Auto Zone to locate the parts you need. (I find when I need to research parts NAPA seems to be able to do research better).

Herman

Welcome! Please sign-in and take part in any discussions-often..

To me it seems NAPA, while a bit more expensive, has a much wider selection of parts available overnight if not in-store; plus they seem to  have more ready access to HDT parts.

19 hours ago, Oldcobia said:

Proud new owner of 1995 Safari 35’.  It has the leaf spring suspension   I need to replace front rotors and probably calipers as well. Any suggestions for places to look for parts.  Thanks 

Welcome to the forum. 

Have you measured the thickness of your rotors? You may be able to have them turned and just install new pads.

Let me know.

Bill

15 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Oldcobia,

As Carl said, Welcome to the Forum.

There were several models of Safari Motorhome in 1995. Can you tell us model, gas or diesel and possible the Chassis.

Then you can take that information to NAPA or Auto Zone to locate the parts you need. (I find when I need to research parts NAPA seems to be able to do research better).

Herman

35 Safari diesel Magnum chassis 

It appears that you plan on doing the work your self, so don't forget to check the wheel bearings and seals. Both the seal and races should have part numbers on them.

Your Magnum Chassis should have a straight axle. There should be a head badge on the axle with the name of the Manufacturer and model number on it. Take that information along with the bearing and seal to either NAPA or a HDT parts house. 

Good luck,

Herman

13 hours ago, Oldcobia said:

I’m thinking this might be too big of job for me.  Anyone know of shop around Tallahassee or north Florida they could recommend.  Thanks for the input. 

I wouldn’t let anyone touch our coach but this business. And the specialize in Monaco products.

http://talinrv.com