2008monaco

Refrigator Repair

We have a 2008 Monaco Signature with a Jenn Aire refrigator.  The lights are on, it's running, but the temperture is warm in the frig and warm in the freezer.  I have looked up parts, I think it's repairable, but one place I went wants to take it out of the coach and repair it in their shop, that means taking out the front window to get the frig out.  Why can't it be repaired in the coach with the slides out and who would do a good job in WA state.

Assuming that the fridge is a residential type, Jenn Aire's usually are. You may want to check and make sure there is adequate air flow below and above the unit before allowing anyone to work on it. A small hand vac works well for this, vacuum all vents near the fridge then use the blowing feature to blow them out. And also check with an appliance repair shop to make sure that the defrost cycle relay is working properly.

Edited by kaypsmith

I had an issue with my Residential Refrigerator I pulled it out of it's location had it sitting in the kitchen area of the coach. Tech came out repaired it and I put it back in. Appliance shops don't take refrigerator to the shop for repairs. I think you had a shop that just didn't want to do the job. Find another shop.

Herman  

On 11/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, rayin said:

Why can't it be repaired inside? Liability concerns.

the repair shop I talked to said it's because if they have to put freon into it they would have to capture any leakage.  But I argued if this were in my house, not my motorhome, you would do it. Well we would have more room, I argued well if all four slides are out there is plenty of room, just like the kitchen in my house.  Well it's a liabliity issue they reply, freon and safety for our employees. Save the earth you know

On 11/19/2021 at 1:22 AM, hermanmullins said:

I had an issue with my Residential Refrigerator I pulled it out of it's location had it sitting in the kitchen area of the coach. Tech came out repaired it and I put it back in. Appliance shops don't take refrigerator to the shop for repairs. I think you had a shop that just didn't want to do the job. Find another shop.

Herman  

We are looking, thank you, your thoughts are like our thoughts.  Just need to find the right people