PatandTerry

Big step down lots of questions

Our 1st “B” all info appreciated. The wife and I consider ourselves experienced rv’ers F13895. We are hoping to get our new Beyond 22c li3 in a couple of weeks. This will be our 10th motor home, last being an Itasca Horizon dsl , lots of room. We packed everything but the kitchen sink, only because the coach had one. We wish to take one more trip or two through the lower 48 states before health and age forces me to hang up the keys.

First, for you who have experience with the couch  across the back that powers down to make a double bed or partial twin beds. We have had older coaches with rear double beds you had to climb on top to make up, don’t want to do that every night. Our thoughts are for some kind of sleeping bags or sacks or something else  that can be easily rolled up and stored for the day (we don’t know where). Can anyone share their experience here?

We used to have Trave-a-sack, now its called Bed in a bag.  I last saw one at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Newer had a "B" or "C" in 54 years!

Sorry, welcome to the Forum!

We use a sleeping bag and made a 'hammock' to store it in. The ends are tied to the top seat belt connections and has velcro strips to close. We store it there during the day. It will sit on top of the couch back if in couch mode or hang down at bottom of window when driving.

Thanks for your reply’s I’m getting the feeling there’s not a lot of B owners in FMCA, I guess there a little tight on space for family camping.

manholt: We are planning a BBQ tour down through your neck of the woods on our maiden voyage. I’m told it’s (“Barn et, darn’it”).

Edited by PatandTerry
To include manholt in reply.

25 minutes ago, PatandTerry said:

Thanks for your reply’s I’m getting the feeling there’s not a lot of B owners in FMCA, I guess there a little tight on space for family camping.

Welcome to the forum.

The problems you are experiencing (going down in size) is exactly why most are going up in size.:P

Bill

Pat, yes sir.  Problem is that Burk Burnett is a suburb, of Wichita Falls & they drop the Burk....

Not much in the way of BBQ in Burnet, but you swing over to Austin and they have 4 of the top 10 cookers in Texas!

Your right about the "B's", they where very popular in the 90's and first 5 years of 2000.  Now they have been replaced by shorter Super "C."  Also, mid 30' Class "A," DP!

13 hours ago, PatandTerry said:

manholt: We are planning a BBQ tour down through your neck of the woods on our maiden voyage. I’m told it’s (“Barn et, darn’it”).

There is a National Chapters just for Road Tracs.

Lockhart to Austin some of the best Bar-B-Que in the world.

And it is "BURN-IT, DERN IT, NOW LEARN IT".

Herman

Herman: Thanks for the fact check, durn it. This is my first try at a forum so keep me in line if I drift off track. This computer stuff is tuff. I had just got used to my Macintosh now I’m stumbling on this iPad. Thanks.

I don’t know why there doesn’t seem to be a lot of posts from B owners on FMCA, but there are actually a lot of class b owners on the road. You might try joining some of the Facebook groups for class Bs. I’m seeing a lot more Bs on the road than I used to see. I have a Roadtrek Zion.

We have a Pleasure-Way Lexor with a couch that powers down into a bed. We put at fitted sheet on the couch when it is in the upright position and it tightens nicely when powered down. The top sheets and blankets are rolled into a hammock strung between the two back shoulder belt hooks. We just unroll them each night. Other folks use sleeping bags or travel sacks. 

21 ft Winnebago Travato with transverse queen bed when made up.  We love our RVSuperbag: a sleeping bag-type with zippers on each side, removable sheets velcroed in, and two weights - one side winter, the other summer.  Rolls up into a bolster and rides at the head of one twin bed. 
https://www.rvsuperbag.com/Superbags/products/2/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmuiTBhDoARIsAPiv6L_NQLD9QTlhfNh78lHNArV2CClnyhimEOLj4nNgw-f9fDelQZAidF0aAlKVEALw_wcB

Edited by cygnetfun