PatandTerry

Newer B with full lithium power no generator

Our Beyond 22c li3 is due shortly. We bought the full lithium power to run air and CPAP machine at night in areas that generator not allowed or might bother other campers. Anyone with this system, does it work as expected or what problems have you experienced.? We are looking forward to some freelance travel.

7 hours ago, PatandTerry said:

Our Beyond 22c li3 is due shortly. We bought the full lithium power to run air and CPAP machine at night in areas that generator not allowed or might bother other campers. Anyone with this system, does it work as expected or what problems have you experienced.? We are looking forward to some freelance travel.

How  many batteries did you get and how are you recharging them?

Bill

The coach is on order due in a couple of weeks. The spec’s say: 600amps of lithium batteries, don’t know if it’s 6x 100 or 3x 200, with battery management + xantrex 3000 watt inverter charger. No generator. Will charge from shore power or under hood alternator generator or roof top solar panels (not sure of solar watts). From what I understand the controller will allow one or combined to charge lithium’s. I’m sure it will take several class room hours for me to learn the control panel. It is the coachmen li3 lithium system if interested can go to Coachmen website look at class B 22c under options. No real details pretty much list components of li3 system. Thanks for the replies Terry. Also, the AC is a 12v pro20 that runs of all 12v sources, vehicle alternator and batteries or house lithium’s.

Edited by PatandTerry
To answer question from jleamont.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, PatandTerry said:

I'm waiting on my Coachmen Nova 20RB Li3 right now.  Will let you know.

Just browsing B Forums so late reply.  The Coachmen system seems very nice.  The 12V A/C is nice as you don't need the inverter to use it.    We have a Boldt Volta system and can Use A/C all night with no issues.  If you could power your CPAP with 12V or use a smaller plug in inverter it could save power as the main inverter has a large parasitic draw.  Microwave and induction requires inverter for 120V (as does our A/C).  

If hot out we will turn on our A/C maybe 30-60 minutes before arriving at our site to chill the back down while using the engine alternator/generator- arriving with a cool camper and a full battery.  Learn what your power draws are and adjust to what works best.

Good Luck, bob