Polmex

Dinette table modification

I have a 2005 alfa founder we just bought. It has dinette table that turns into a bed. Past owners never used it for that and does not have all the folding hinges needed for table to wall or folding up leg. Does anyone know if there is a kit for table and leg?

Do you have the table top? If so, you might try Rockler, a woodworker supplier. They have stores all across the country. Don't think they would have the strip that mounts to wall. The top has a matching strip to hang the top on the wall. A folding or a leg that unscrews from top should be available at Rockler. 

Welcome to the Forum.

I am sure you might be better off making the part you need. If you could attach a picture of what you have we might be able to help you fabricate something.

Again, Welcome,

Herman 

4 hours ago, Polmex said:

I have a 2005 alfa founder we just bought. It has dinette table that turns into a bed. Past owners never used it for that and does not have all the folding hinges needed for table to wall or folding up leg. Does anyone know if there is a kit for table and leg?

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you located? On my last coach it didn't attach to the wall but just bridged between the bench seats. Look and see if you have ledges for it to set on. I found hardware and replacement wooden leg (I think I used a part of a wooden dowel used in a closet to hang clothes on).  You can make it fold up or just removable. After that I never used it as a bead.:)

Bill

2 hours ago, rossboyer said:

Do you have the table top? If so, you might try Rockler, a woodworker supplier. They have stores all across the country. Don't think they would have the strip that mounts to wall. The top has a matching strip to hang the top on the wall. A folding or a leg that unscrews from top should be available at Rockler. 

Thank you all.? Here is what it looks like. I have seen the hinge that mounts to wall and table that stays connected andnlowers down to the ledges by cushion but I havent seen one dor leg. You are probably right. I might just have to takenit off or replace it with a folding leg set up.

Screenshot_20211122-191039_RV Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20211122-191113_RV Trader.jpg

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Welcome to the Forum.

I am sure you might be better off making the part you need. If you could attach a picture of what you have we might be able to help you fabricate something.

Again, Welcome,

Herman 

I was just hlock for responding to a reply and dont know why

So, is the problem that the top doesn’t fit between the seaty to make the bed?  Another post stated that the top should fit on cleats   If the cleats are missing orneed to be extended, buy enough 1x2 pine at a big box store. Cut to length and screw it to the seats allowing for the top to drop level. 

17 hours ago, rossboyer said:

So, is the problem that the top doesn’t fit between the seaty to make the bed?  Another post stated that the top should fit on cleats   If the cleats are missing orneed to be extended, buy enough 1x2 pine at a big box store. Cut to length and screw it to the seats allowing for the top to drop level. 

The table fits on cleats. Only problem is past owners never wanted it as additional sleeping area. So I need to put hinge on wall that connects to table and put new one or two legs on end with folding hinges. I tried Rockler but no luck. Found on amazon that look correct.

17 hours ago, rossboyer said: