Sign in to follow this  
PatandTerry

Full time rear camera

Trying to get as much lined up ahead for our new B coach due in as soon as they can get enough parts together to get it out of the factory and to the dealer. My last several A coaches had rear view cameras. I really depended on them to see someone on my tail or if I was clear to change lanes. My new B has the standard backup camera but no full time rear view. I have installed a couple of the (rear view safety) hard wired cameras on A’s but they had lots of open space to work with. I’m thinking of using one of the wireless cameras and mount it inside flush against the rear window. This would mean no drilled mount holes or little floppy antenna on the rear roof. I’m just concerned that the camera may have a problem looking through the window. Anyone have experience or thoughts about this application. I have emailed the camera folks but having a little trouble getting a response. 
Thanks, Terry

Pat, we (big class A) use them inside out toads and front window in coach....crystal clear, no dirt and no water marks! 😍

27 minutes ago, manholt said:

Pat, we (big class A) use them inside out toads and front window in coach....crystal clear, no dirt and no water marks! 😍

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear.

To follow up: I installed a wireless camera in the back window of my coachmen beyond 22c ford transit awd. The camera came with a little L bracket to be mounted on a flat surface. I moved the bracket from the bottom to the top for of the camera. I mounted it to the top inside corner of the frame around the rear door window looking out from inside the window. Ran the power wire under the back door panel down to a wire hot with running lights on. Very clean installation. I can now see directly behind me that was obscured by the post between the two rear doors windows. The monitor sits on the dash plugged into the cigarette lighter hot with ignition on. $120.00 and 45 minutes labor of a slow old man. Just as clear as the outside cameras.

B2BF2A28-2500-4909-9DE5-00136603398B.jpeg