djsamuel

Finding these forums from FMCA.com

Normally, I enter this forum after logging into FMCA.com.  It used to be simple by using the dropdown menu at the top.  Now a revision to the FMCA.com home page (after logging in) results in a more hidden route to the forums.  You have to click on "MENU", then "Stay Connected" and then "FORUMS".  Not a big deal on the surface, but the menu is organized in a way that makes it much less apparent there is even a forum available.  If the intent is to have the forum grow, there needs to be a more prominent link to the foums.

You can refine it even further - I have a link on my browser that takes me directly to the list of unread recent posts. No need to go through levels of menus.

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

You can refine it even further - I have a link on my browser that takes me directly to the list of unread recent posts. No need to go through levels of menus.

That is the way I do it.

Bill

15 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Simply use the forum url. https://community.fmca.com/

That's how I normally do it.  I was thinking more about people who join FMCA and have no idea where the forums are or even that they even exist.  If there was a very visible link when logging onto FMCA.com, more people may join the forum.  I have no problem using the menu; it actually works fine.  It just seems like it is hiding the forum from new members.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

That's how I normally do it.  I was thinking more about people who join FMCA and have no idea where the forums are or even that they even exist.  If there was a very visible link when logging onto FMCA.com, more people may join the forum.  I have no problem using the menu; it actually works fine.  It just seems like it is hiding the forum from new members.

I think you have a good point. Here is a snapshot of the member dashboard - where is the obvious link to the Forums? Shouldn't there be one in the left-hand column where all the other major links are?

Screen_Shot_2021-12-02_at_08_58_11.png

On 12/1/2021 at 2:33 PM, djsamuel said:

Normally, I enter this forum after logging into FMCA.com.  It used to be simple by using the dropdown menu at the top.  Now a revision to the FMCA.com home page (after logging in) results in a more hidden route to the forums.  You have to click on "MENU", then "Stay Connected" and then "FORUMS".  Not a big deal on the surface, but the menu is organized in a way that makes it much less apparent there is even a forum available.  If the intent is to have the forum grow, there needs to be a more prominent link to the foums.

I agree!  The website update resulted in this convoluted path to the Forum.   Prior to this change, after logging-in the "Forum" was a simple "button" at the top of the FMCA home page.   One of the great benefits of FMCA membership is the Forum which always has great members and great advice.  Can Herman or other Forum moderators influence FMCA home office to again provide a "Forum" button at the top  of the home page?

Edited by fagnaml

I have passed everyone's commits to the appropriate people. Hope it helps. I to use the community.fmca.co /topic. But a newcomer will have trouble finding the Forum as it is configured now.

Herman  

17 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

I have passed everyone's commits to the appropriate people. Hope it helps. I to use the community.fmca.co /topic. But a newcomer will have trouble finding the Forum as it is configured now.

Herman  

Thanks Herman!! 

If you have the FMCA app, when it opens tap on the Forums button to open the Forums also works. Additionally, when talking to someone about joining FMCA, the benefits button is easier to use than the magazine to help in convincing. 

On 12/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, hermanmullins said:

Here is the new way to find the Forum.

Log on to FMCA.COM 

Click on Menu

Click on FORUMS

Hope this helps everyone.

Herman

The change that was made is much better.  Now you can see the forum option by just clicking on menu and it is at the top.  No need to drill down further under "Stay Connected".  It is much more apparent to new users.  Thanks.