twotwistedlimes

Question about the Alcatel Linkzone2

Herman is correct. It happened to mine. I installed a new battery and charged it to 100%. Then I used one of those little white cube chargers that came with an old cell phone. That charger's output was just enough to maintain without overheating to damage battery, so I could then leave it on charge 24/7. 

Yes, get out a magnifying glass and look on the 120v plug end. Probably, it is 5 watts. The one supplied is 15 watts if I remember correctly. Since we are not traveling across the country anymore, the 60gb hotspot on our phones is enough to stream while at a chapter rally. At home we have Verizon wifi network that is unlimited and runs 30-50gb. So we canceled and returned equipment. 

After several swelled batteries on hotspots, I now use a timer plugged into the 120v outlet.  I've got it set for 2 to 4 hours a couple of times each day.  Seems to be working so far.

Actually, the output side is the side that really tells the story about the charger. Output is measured in milliamps, (1000) amps the lower the number the smaller amount the charge is. I like chindogs method the best, although the newer style lithionion batteries don't go bad as rapidly as the old nicads did.