Sign in to follow this  
weareontheGO

battery disconnect problems

i have a 2002 alfa seeya  that has an intellitec  bd2 battery disconnect switch.   the chassis switch keeps disconnecting on it own, kills the engine and won't let me start it till it comes back on. if i try to start generator, it goes out, even though the batteries are fully charged.  the coach side works fine.  was going to order a new one, but they are discontinued.  any suggestions?  

I doubt that the switch is your problem. I suspect the relay that the switch controls is the problem. That relay should be in your Battery Control Center. Parts and wiring printed on the inside of the BCC cover.
You could move all the big wires, on that relay, to one post and see if the problem goes away.

Richard

Edited by rls7201

I agree with Richard, the relay probably is the problem, or the wire between the switch and the relay may be broken and jarring which will break the circuit. Below is some info for the switch replacement if it is in fact the switch.

Intellitec Battery Disconnect Panel, BD2, 01-00066-006 Obsolete No Longer Available

This panel has been replaced by upgrade kit (link): 00-01090-000

Short Description: Battery Disconnect is an easy-to-install system that allows RV owners to disconnect coach and chassis batteries with just the touch of a switch. With Battery Disconnect, you can be sure the batteries are disconnected when your RV is not in use or being stored off-season. It is conveniently located inside the RV, and it's all remote.

Information: Intended for remote disconnect of both coach and chassis batteries of motor homes. The BD2 system requires two latching relays (typically 01-00055-000), 25' of cable (11-00139-000), monitor panel with two ON/OFF indicators & switches, and ignition interlock to prevent disconnection while engine is running.

Please Note: Prior to ordering, please perform a thorough diagnostic on your system using the Intellitec service manual 01-00066-006. Once shipped / connected / installed, we do not accept returns of electronic / electrical components. Each product sold by PDX RV LLC is tested by the manufacturer prior to it being shipped to us and in turn, we test each item prior to shipping to you. We cannot stress enough that you must perform the applicable troubleshooting thus you will be ordering the correct part to repair your RV.

Replaces / Supersedes / Known Under:

• 01-00066-002

Available Downloads:

Edited by kaypsmith