rfsod48

Trickle charger

I need to purchase a trickle charger for my coach batteries. It has 2 no maintenance starter batteries and 2 AGM coach batteries,  all are 12 v. What would be the proper size, I would switch to each battery on a regular schedule.

Thanks, Roland 

We are unable to travel this year due to my health and where we have the coach stored there is no electricity. 

So how are you powering the trickle charger?  Will you have to take the batteries out and to some outher place?

I would recommend a good full service charger rather than just a trickle charger. Something like this one from Walmart. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-Electric-Fully-Automatic-Battery-Charger-Maintainer-and-Starter-50-Amp-10-Amp-12V-Car-SUV-and-Small-Trucks/752060640

Bill

Roland,

So sorry to hear of your health issues. Hope you are able to get better over the winter. Here is my suggestion. Get yourself a full service charger that you can run off your RV's Generator. Using the charger, fully charge both banks of batteries. When they are both fully charged disconnect the ground cable from both banks. Each set of batteries should be good for 4 or 5 weeks and then you can return to the RV reconnect the cables, and charge them again and put them back to sleep till the next visit. You will have to reconnect the cranking batteries when you go to recharge. As has been said many times here, it isn't good to start an engine with out driving it for a bit, how ever the time to charge both banks should be enough to get the temp up.

I know since you are in Michigan you know how to winterize your Bounder whether it is Gas or Diesel.

Again, hope you are able to travel soon.

Herman

Thanks all. I ordered a charger that has 4 banks which will allow me to charge all batteries at once. It also has a maintainer function. 

(You will have to reconnect the cranking batteries when you go to recharge)? Re-Starting a generator with weak batteries,,Hmm.

If you have a portable generator you can hook up to your MH to charge once a month and not worry about disconnecting batteries or any other unnecessary physical activities wile your under the weather.

I hope you get well soon.