dbenoit

Cabin Fever 2021/2022

I have been where the temp was in the single digits with the wind blowing at 15+ mph off the North Atlantic (Newfoundland). I never want to experience that ever again.

Herman

1 day it's 40 the next -5 wind chill. Light snow this morning. A lot different than living in NH.

I kinda sort of miss plowing with the John Deere.

Nor Easter on the way! Here we go. Expecting 24”+. Buffalo stampede at the grocery stores and I need to go.

Forecast is 39° Sunday morning here in Ft. Myers, FL. Oddly enough, local farmers are hoping for strong wind. They say it will prevent the incoming cold air from settling to the ground and ruining crops.

1 hour ago, rayin said:

Forecast is 39° Sunday morning here in Ft. Myers, FL. Oddly enough, local farmers are hoping for strong wind. They say it will prevent the incoming cold air from settling to the ground and ruining crops.

Watch out for falling iguanas!! Fortunately that is one problem I have never had to deal with.

Bill

Rayin,

The wind will keep a hard freeze away from the strawberry plants.

Bill,, frozen Iguanas is way to much fun! Just wear a hard hat.

54 minutes ago, manholt said:

Bill,, frozen Iguanas is way to much fun! Just wear a hard hat.

Yes but just imagine how much noise they would make falling on your RV roof. Does your insurance cover falling iguana damage?:P

Bill

Yesterday we went from Biloxi to N. Little Rock, fighting a very stiff head wind all the way.  We usually average around 7 MPG....yesterday the Silver Leaf was showing a lot of numbers in the 5 area.  The big diesel doesn't care....just gets a bit thirsty.  Took on 106 gallons of fuel at a Loves for $420...haven't seen what kind of discount my ESF card will give us.

14 hours ago, five said:

Took on 106 gallons of fuel at a Loves for $420...haven't seen what kind of discount my ESF card will give us.

By now  the transaction should be showing in the phone app. 

Bill

That blizzard was a treat. We had like 1" of sea spray ice, 2" of wet snow which froze then about 30" of snow.with 70mph wind gusts.

We were buried with 5' snow drifts. And it was freaking cold.....

3 hours ago, dbenoit said:

We were buried with 5' snow drifts. And it was freaking cold.....

Aren't you glad you moved further south where it is warmer.😁

Bill

4 hours ago, dbenoit said:

I was thinking it would be a good time to go dig some  quahogs.

David

You go right ahead I would rather go someplace like Iggy's and order some to go with my Scallop roll.

Bill

Used to love Raw Oysters. About 30 years ago, at Lynchburg Crossing I had a dozen. They were delicious. About 2 the next morning I woke with a severe case of food poisoning. Haven't been able to look at one since. My stomach has a very long memory.

Herman

Hermy, That's why we dig our own and start eating them right out of the basket before we reach shore.

Another storm is a coming. Looks like rain and ice.

I think we'll grill up groundhog this weekend!