Sign in to follow this  
cwswine

IT department and FMCA

Seems like every forum I have been on recently has had a thread on how poor the IT Department tech support is with unanswered emails and phone lines going unanswered.  I was talking with a gentleman and he ask who I use for Towing Assistance and I said FMCA. He said he mark them off the list because of tech support issues with the Sprint Connection that he had read about and didn't want to deal with a organization with poor tech support.   I think the management needs to start managing and fix the problem with the IT department because it will affect all areas in the FMCA organization.  Just my two cents.....

I have owned several business that has a support element and I always wanted to know what my customers were thinking and how they were treated.  I have let more than one employee go for customer interactions that didn't meet my requirements. 

Edited by cwswine

9 hours ago, cwswine said:

IT Department tech support is with unanswered emails and phone lines going unanswered.

In defense of FMCA IT support, the IT department in most business's keeps the internal network of that business running. This includes the servers needed for you to be able to converse on this forum and the computers that are connected to these servers and the networking needs to keep those working correctly and maintain connectivity to the internet and provide the path to the SMTP and POP3 servers in order that this business can receive and send emails. Customer Service of any business should be your goto place for complaints and such issues. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

In defense of FMCA IT support, the IT department in most business's keeps the internal network of that business running. This includes the servers needed for you to be able to converse on this forum and the computers that are connected to these servers and the networking needs to keep those working correctly and maintain connectivity to the internet and provide the path to the SMTP and POP3 servers in order that this business can receive and send emails. Customer Service of any business should be your goto place for complaints and such issues. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Sounds like staffing issues to me and that's management problem.   So what you saying is FMCA IT department is just too busy to call back customers and you are defending that position.   That doesn't give the customer that warm fuzzy feeling that company really doesn't cares enough to provide tech support.

Edited by cwswine