Polmex

septic toilet paper

1 hour ago, Polmex said:

Kirkland toilet paper says its safe for rv. Is that true ?

I don't see a problem. With any paper use plenty of water.

I use Charmin ultra strong and have never had a problem.

Bill 

Test your TP   put in a jar with a little water and give a shake if it falls apart easily it is ok

I tested Kirkland and it passed so that is what we use 

Edited by bm02tj

As noted, lots of water is the key.  Also, some of the newer coaches are coming with macerating toilets....they help as well.

1 hour ago, akadeadeye said:

Old Sears catalog pages clogged up my pipes so I switched to Charmin.

Besides the Sears catalogs arn't coming like they use to and are to slick now.😁😂

Bill

I tried using the Spam Mail coming to the house mailbox, but it was to slick at times and to rough at other times.

My age lets me remember the Winter trek to the quarter moon door about 100 ft from the house. Those were definitely Sears Catalogue pages.

On 12/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, akadeadeye said:

Old Sears catalog pages clogged up my pipes so I switched to Charmin.

Don

:lol:, a wee bit scratchy also.

I don’t remember the name, but it’s the brand without the paper tube in the center. When I did the breakdown test it dissolved more than the others

5 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Prior to the Sears catalogue it was a rock and a wet finger!

I don't go back that far. But there was talk of dried corn cobs after the corn had been removed, well mostly removed. I haven't investigated the latest craze among some "green"RVer's where you have a version of the old "out house" or as it is called now a composting toilet. So I don't know how the paper would react/break down in that environment. I can only imagine the oder problems. :o

Bill

3 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

I can only imagine the odder problems. :o

Bill

That was what the bucket of lime and a small scoop was for. To sprinkle a bit of lime over your deposit. It help some with the odder. 😝

A bit off topic. We were at a Rally and had a really greenhorn there. He said " When showering this morning I had water standing in the shower" someone committed " You needed to dump". Where the greenhorn said "I need to do what???":lol::lol:

Herman

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Where the greenhorn said "I need to do what???":lol::lol:

Herman I tried to keep it about what paper to use.:P 

I thought most understood water standing in the shower was your gray water tank full indicator. Works every time.:rolleyes:

Bill

Odor, what odor. That's what clothes pins are for. Oh, clothes pins - those were the two pieces of stick held together by a spring clip that held the wash on the lines.  The only dryers back then was God given air!
Some of the TP back then was like sand paper. Not really meant for today's RV world.

As BM02tj said, if it passes the water jar test it should be good to go for the RV.

Even with two macerator toilets we still use Angel Soft.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:03 AM, dbenoit said:

I got TP in my christmas stocking

I had always heard you would get a lump of coal in your christmas stocking if you were Wicked Nauti not TP. I realey don't think the coal would break down well if you tried to use it as TP.

Bill