Aldo Cella

Slide Covers

Just purchased a 2016 Vilano 325RL.  On our maiden voyage, we experienced significant winds through the night.  The slide covers flapped loudly all night keeping me awake.

How important are these slide covers?  I am seriously considering removing them altogether.

Thoughts?

Aldo,

Welcome to the Forum. There can two causes for th flapping. Your topper roller may need to be tighten. Also if the flapping noise is when awnings are out you can put a twist in the straps. 

Herman 

In high wind they will make noise. You can remove them without any negative effects ( many trailers do not have them) you just have to be careful of leaves and branches . You can get a small leaf blower to use if worried .

I don't agree but to each his own.

11 hours ago, Jacknife said:

In high wind they will make noise. You can remove them without any negative effects ( many trailers do not have them) you just have to be careful of leaves and branches . You can get a small leaf blower to use if worried .

Old topic, but what the heck. Some folks carry beach balls and inflate them under the toppers to stop 'em from flapping. They have to be big enought to be friction held so they don't blow away. Or tie on a srting anchor. Or there is alway the venerable two sided tape.