Aldo Cella

SoftStartRV

I installed the Micro-Air EasyStart, which is the competing product, on two Atwood air conditioner/heat pumps,. I have electrical experience and it was not difficult. But, as usual, it depends. Some A/C units are easier than others due to the space needed and how wiring is run. I've read nothing but good about SoftStartRV's technical support people when installation questions were raised. If you think you may need assistance I'd contact them and ask when they are available.

We have 2 but haven't installed them yet.  You can schedule an appointment with them and they will install it "with" you, while you are on the phone with them.  There is a YouTube video on RV Odd Couple's channel where the wife installs one, just to prove she could.

I installed the SoftStartRV on my Penguin II 15k w/ heat pump. I called SoftStartRV and made an appointment and they walked me through the installation, then sent them pictures of what I did they called me back said all was okay and stayed on the phone with me while I tested it. Great customer service!