f444146

Refrigerator LP gas

I have a 02 Allegro Bus. I replaced the cracked cover over the refrigerator on the roof. Prior to replacing the cover the refrigerator worked on LP with no problems. After replacing the cover the LP gas shuts off ever time we stop for a couple of minutes. I would like your opinion on what is causing the LP to shut off ever time we stop. Thanks for your help.

Same cover? Did you do anything during the install which could have blocked or restricted the air flow? Did any of the baffles inside the cavity move?

I bought the cover from the manufacturer so it would be the same type. I took the old one off and installed the new one and didn’t see any obstructions. I don’t do anything inside the cavity.

When was the refrigerator last serviced? What does the LP flame look like when lit? Is there rust inside the burner chimney? 

It could be a coincidence, or it could be something to do with the change in air circulation due to the change in cover.

If the flame is shutting off every time you stop moving, then it sounds like the burner is not venting properly at rest. Lots of things could cause this, and I think that a full service & cleaning on the fridge burner/chimney/ventilation area would be a good first step.