williamroll

2005 Monaco Knight Slideout

2005 Monaco Knight Slideout, has two hydrulic cylinders, one of which is leaking internally and does not work with the other cylinder and binds the slide out. 

cannot see the base of the cylinder to see how to remove it.

Does any one know how it is attached, or how to remove it?

Thanks

Bill 

William, Welcome to the Forum.

I just had one of mine replaced. Had the cylinder on order from HWH for over 5 months. When it finally got in and they installed it I found out out later that they got the wrong cylinder from HWH.I gave them two weeks to get a replacement in or they would install the old cylinder that I had rebuilt and they would refund my money I had paid for the new, wrong cylinder.

From what I could see it isn't too hard to change. The hydraulic lines are both at the end in the Bay and is mounted at both ends. I think is comes out from the end inside of the bay. I am sorry I can't be of much more help but I had the work done at an RV Shop.

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

Are you sure it's leaking internally, or is the equalizing cylinder faulty or out of time? HWH FAQ information states to avoid stopping midway and reverse directions, complete movement before reversing directions to prevent an out of time condition.