domano

Tire Program - Where to get Service Done

I searched the Forum looking for any recent comments on having tires installed purchased through the program, but didn't find any...  what are people paying for Mounting, Balancing, Disposal, etc. per tire after getting tires through the program.  I'm in the Houston area and am going with the Continental HSR2 (275/70R22.5), but am surprised at the swing in pricing for the labor-side of the equation...  From as low as $70 at Love's and as high as $150 at Snyder PER TIRE.  My problem is Love's doesn't have the tires and can't get them (even though they are a Continental dealer)...  Anyone bought the tires from one dealer and had a different one install them?  That's a $480 savings between those two companies above for six tires.  

Have you tried?

La Porte Tire Center
11011 W Fairmont Pkwy
La Porte, Texas 77571
Phone: 281-471-3541

They are a Michelin Authorized Dealer and honored the FMCA discount when I purchased tires 2 years ago.
I have used them in the past also, plus they are an authorized Dully Valve dealer.

Thanks.  I’ll give them a call…. For the record, I just learned that the Continental FMCA program expires on 2/14/2022 per one of the places I called.  They said it might get renewed but prices would be going up.  

Might I suggest that you can find dealer that participates in the Michelin and Continental programs from the information on the tire program. You can even find pricing, then you can take that pricing and check with some tire shops. Some times they can meet and sometimes beat the pricing. The pricing you get from the program is only for the tires. The price in and around my area runs close to $25.00 to mount each tire and an additional $25.00 to balance each. Local taxes and disposal fees are added on. If your tires are in not too bad shape you might even get a small amount for the old tire as trade ins.

Shopping is your best friend when buying tires.

Herman 

You are right about that Herman. I just bought tires for my CR-V through the program. Talked to a couple of places even had one say he would match/beat the price. To bad he couldn't get the tiers. With all the extras they could add on +mounting and balancing it came to $154.70 ea out the door. Beats the base retail price of $225.00 each + mounting and balancing and extras. I was surprised how many places were at full retail. 

I hope they keep the Continental program. When I put them on my last coach I saved over $100.00 each off the discount Michelin price.

Bill

You can find a dealer and installer if you follow the instructions, see Step 3.

HOW CONTINENTAL WORKS

Step 1: Get the specifications for the tires you need to have replaced. At this point, the program covers only motorhome tires.

Step 2. Use the specifications to find out which Continental tire is a match.

You can do this by calling Continental (704-583-8196) or the FMCA national office (800-543-3622), or by using the pricing tool at FMCA.com. This tool is extremely helpful and will give you pricing for every single tire that matches your search. Use the Tire Savings Calculator to get available tire pricing in the size you need.

Step 3. Find a local Continental dealer who can do the install, and set up an appointment.

Also let the dealer know which tire you are looking for. That way, you can be sure the dealer will have the tires in stock and ready for your appointment. You can find a list of dealers at www.continental-truck.com/truck. From that page, select Dealer Locator in the top right corner.

Step 4. When you go to the dealer, show them your FMCA membership card.

You will pay the dealer directly for the tires and installation. Keep in mind that Continental quotes only the tire price and federal taxes.

Herman

Correct, but the price between dealers in the program for the mounting/balancing/etc. varies… was just looking to see what people were paying.  

I pulled the trigger and purchased the tires under the program. Will have them installed within the next month before our next outing.  Lowest price in the Houston area that I’ve found is around $400 for all things included (mounting, balancing, etc.). 

On 1/30/2022 at 12:29 PM, domano said:

Correct, but the price between dealers in the program for the mounting/balancing/etc. varies… was just looking to see what people were paying.  

I pulled the trigger and purchased the tires under the program. Will have them installed within the next month before our next outing.  Lowest price in the Houston area that I’ve found is around $400 for all things included (mounting, balancing, etc.). 

Who did you use, for others in the area?

When getting new tires be sure to record the full DOT serial (or snap a picture of each). This eliminates the need to crawl around after they are on the RV. Keep that info with your other important information.

If there is a recall you will have the needed info at your fingertips.

13 hours ago, tireman9 said:

When getting new tires be sure to record the full DOT serial (or snap a picture of each). This eliminates the need to crawl around after they are on the RV. Keep that info with your other important information.

If there is a recall you will have the needed info at your fingertips.

Thanks!

Buying Continental coach tires.  Can anyone tell me where to find a tire inflation chart (like Michlin has) for them.  

Thanks, Sylvia R.

7 hours ago, beemervair said:

I'm looking for a tire dealer in NE Ohio area that will honor the FMCA discount on Michelin tires tia .

If you go to Discounts, then to Michelin, when on Michelin go to How It Works. There you can find dealer locator.

Roger as always has excellent advice. I might offer an addition to his advice. Once you have the tire serial numbers go to the mfgrs website and register them. The  website explains the benefits.

I just had my first experience with the FMCA/Michelin discount program and I came away a little disappointed and a little angry.  And let me state right up front, this is not an FMCA issue, it is a Michelin issue!  I was putting new tires on our toad.  I followed the instructions and got a quote from a local participating dealer on Tuesday and then called Michelin to register my CC.  I arrived today and they installed my four BFGoodrich tires.  The salesman tried entering the info into the Michelin system and it would not complete saying that the name did not match the card.  The salesman called Michelin and basically got the runaround.  He told them that he had the card in his hand and the customer was right there.  He ended putting me on the phone with Michelin.  As it turns out, when I registered the card, the operator at the other end misspelled both my first and last names.  No problem, just correct it in the system, right?  Wrong!  I explained that the tires were installed and I was trying to cash out.  The supervisor said that they could not change what was in the system and suggested that I cash out, using the incorrect name, and call  back tomorrow to re-register the card.  What?  Since when will Mastercard, accept an incorrect name, and approve the transaction?  Michelin said that is all they can do.  I do not know what country the phone bank was in, but it was very clear that English was a second language.  Lesson learned!  When I do the RV tires later this summer, I will make sure that they read it back to me.  I ended up cancelling the FMCA transaction and just taking the dealer's original quote.  It only cost me a couple of bucks a tire and avoided another half an hour of frustration.