ralpht52

SiriusXM and Navigation

We have a new 2022 Omni XG32. We added our rig to our SiriusXM radio account. The XM radio channels appear on the radio screen but they won’t play. We get an error message “satellite antenna fault” on the screen. SiriusXM tried refreshing but that didn’t work. Also, our onboard navigation system has us nowhere near where we are. On latest trip it had us in another part of the state and driving through a lake. Guessing that has something to do with the satellite issue also. Any Omni/Magnitude owners out there who have dealt with this and had it resolved. I’ve called both our RV dealer and Ford but they’re pointing fingers at each other at this point. Hoping to get a quick answer from someone who’s dealt with this. 

Where is the antenna located? A cousin of mine had "professional" to install his Sirius system put the antenna inside the windshield, it only worked correctly while driving south, when going north Sirius would go in and out and the GPS went crazy. He paid me to reinstall the antenna to the roof three years ago, no problems since. Probably not your problem but another place to look.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:54 PM, kaypsmith said:

Where is the antenna located? A cousin of mine had "professional" to install his Sirius system put the antenna inside the windshield, it only worked correctly while driving south, when going north Sirius would go in and out and the GPS went crazy. He paid me to reinstall the antenna to the roof three years ago, no problems since. Probably not your problem but another place to look.

That is interesting. We just made a trip to Santa Barbara which is south of us. We were surprised how well SiriusXM worked. On our way back home (north) the in and out problem was back. The roof antenna may be just what we need. Thanks!