missalf

Alcatel Linkzone 2 sent to replace M2000 - Massive speed drop

Has anyone else experienced this?  I was dependably getting 35 to 120 MPS.  Got the Alcatel about a week and a half ago with a new SIM, figured I'd swap the Sprint SIM for the Tmobile SIM and I put that in the M2000.  That worked great until today.  No internet access.  Put it back in the Alcatel and had access.  But, the speed drop is to the point it's almost unusable with max 3 mbps (heck, the upload is higher).

To be clear, this morning I clocked 65mbps with no performance problems with the M2000 at one to two bars of service.  After being forced to use the Alcatel I'm at 3mbps or less (Mainly less) with it showing full bars.  Have rebooted the device multiple times.   Anyone else have this?  Other than changing the name and password it's at the default settings.  

image.thumb.png.6e3291a4d89946c4473612ded1fadc7e.png

I just put the tmobile sim card from the alcatel in my m2000 a couple hours ago dropped from 85 mbs down to 7 it's like having dial up.

Edited by Viking1500

I'm having a different issue but it's probably related. I have the M2000 but haven't received the Tmobil sim.. just a few moments ago I was asked to sign in when using the tablet I always use...the sign in page took me to the Tmobile website where of course I couldn't sign in....a few days ago my cell phone wouldn't access it as well.

I've emailed FMCA ...crickets so far 

When I was getting the slower speed on the M2000 with the tmobile sim it was only on 4G...lately it's been connecting on 5G again and speeds are back up. I'm over the 50gb cut down point but  I just checked it  100.50 down 55.46 up

Edited by Viking1500

Not happy...the tmobile sim from the alcatel doesn't work at all in the M2000 and the 4G Alcatel with it is pathetically slow...why replace the excellent M2000 with a 4G weak little ******???

On 2/13/2022 at 4:02 AM, Viking1500 said:

T-mobile sim works in my M2000.

Make sure it's seated properly, mine didn't work at first so I took the sim out and put it back in till I heard a click. Been fine since then.

Thank you!!!!! Fingers crossed 

On 2/13/2022 at 4:02 AM, Viking1500 said:

T-mobile sim works in my M2000.

Make sure it's seated properly, mine didn't work at first so I took the sim out and put it back in till I heard a click. Been fine since then.

Thank you!!!! Speed is up!!!!!...cannot Thank you enough!!