Installer did not put a battery disconnect on pickup, does it required one? I have been told power steering pump is electric over hydraulic so with key on it will burn up pump! Was needing some clarification. 

16 hours ago, nanaandpepaw said:

Installer did not put a battery disconnect on pickup, does it required one? I have been told power steering pump is electric over hydraulic so with key on it will burn up pump! Was needing some clarification. 

Need some clarification. Are you setting the truck up to be towed or ? What model?

Bill

Bill

Chevy 2019 3/4 diesel, it’s already been installed with a blue ox and air force one breaking system. 
I was ask what kind of battery disconnect I had, I  don’t so I was told about steering pump burning up! So was just needing some info. I have something else that’s probably going to be a issue my pick up is 4 door long bed and we’re a total length of 70’ feet long🤭 

Look at page 400 (in your owners manual) under Recreational Vehicle Towing. I would look at the warning starting on page 402. To avoid death, serious injury, or property damage, before
dinghy towing the vehicle, always disconnect and secure the negative battery cable and cover
the negative battery post and cable with a non-conductive material. If the battery is left connected or the battery cable contacts the post, the Electric Parking Brake may activate
during towing, which could cause a crash.

I would read all of the Recreational Vehicle Towing a couple times.

https://www.ownersmanualhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Manual.pdf

I have never heard of anyone geting in trouble for length.

Bill

4 hours ago, manholt said:

If your truck is a 4 x 4, then no disconnect required, other than tranny.

The owners manual specific to his vehicle is the bible, everything else is conjecture. Even the FMCA towing guide has been wrong at times.

12 hours ago, manholt said:

If your truck is a 4 x 4, then no disconnect required, other than tranny.

Carl the owners manual was specific about disconnecting the battery. 

Bill

I stand corrected...had no idea they changed to ACC, all my chevy trucks (4x4 Auto) was straight forward & no ACC needed.  I gave up with chevy trucks in 2017 it was a 2500 from 2013, also a Colorado 2012.  Kept my Jeep JK's!