C-954678

Thumping noise when plug into shore line

I just purchased a 2013 Tiffin Allegro Red with 16,000 miles. The person that sold it hardly drove it. When I picked the coach up at the dealership it was plugged in and everything working in properly. I brought my coach home and everyone I plug into shoreline there is a thumping from trc surge box in the storage shoreline cabinet. I unplug and turn on the generator and everything is normal. I have checked my electrical box and everything seems normal there. I checked power at the shore box with approx 115 on each side. 
The only abnormal wiring I have found in my electrical service box is that there is no separate neutral wiring, neutral is wired with ground. 

450F7EAD-3C70-4650-97D6-3CBF8959550C.jpeg

BE0CDE9E-B337-463B-B6FB-CB10C5E9BBA7.jpeg

Did you get power after the thumping noise?  Normal in my 2014 Phaeton with the same system is after plugging into park pedestal and turning on power it takes about 3-4 minutes for the surgegaurd to go through it's test process.  When it's happy, it will throw the big switch to engage power.  It is a thump and can be heard around and inside the coach.  Power is then available.  If you're not getting power after the thump, something else is wrong and I'm afraid I can't help you.    Les

Always turn off the main 50A power pedestal breaker before plugging in your shore power cord to prevent the transfer switch from switching power sources under load. Then heed bowtie's advice.

Your neutral is correct. There is ONLY ONE ground in a system, in RV wiring this ground is in the RV park system. this website explains in detail: https://www.myrv.us/electric/

If you are continuing to get the thumping noise then you need to replace the SurgeGuard. I had the exact same thing happen in my 2013 31SA. The problem is the relay for the electrical side is weak or shot. The relay on the generator side is fine. I ordered a new SurgeGuard, exact same model, off of Amazon and replaced the old one and everything is fine now. Be sure to take pictures of the wiring set up and make a drawing too so you get everything put back together correctly.