huntwt

HWH 725 Jacks not coming down from travel mode

I’ve got HWH 725 Jacks on a 32 ft Class C. The jacks will not come down from the stored position. With the chassis parking brake on, the first push of the auto/on button brings up the level sensing lights as appropriate. The second push of the auto/on button SHOULD lower the jacks from the retracted/travel mode position, but they stay up. If I press the auto/on button a third time, the four corner “jacks down” lights flash red for a few seconds, the auto/on ligh flashes for a few seconds, then all lights go off. 
I’ve found information on a failure to extend the jacks once they’re down, but not on actually getting them down from the stored/travel mode position in the first place. I’m on the callback list from Tech Support at HWH, but that’s a weeks (plural) long wait. The HWH Service Manual does not have anything on this failure mode. 
Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by huntwt
Clarified getting jacks down from the travel mode/stored position

huntwt.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

Key must be in ACC position, push Auto/On one time, it may take a couple of minutes before system starts the level process.  Goggle HWH 725 Operating System for in-depth information. 

Manholt 

Normally I drop the jacks with the second push of the on/auto button within a few seconds and they work fine. I tried it with a five minute wait between the first and second pushes as you suggested and no change. 

is there a way to reboot the system?

hunt, I have not had a need to reboot the 725 system, you can get all that info from on line or iRV2 Forum.  I think HWH will be at FMCA Tucson Rally....I'm there now.

Manholt

I’ve got a call in with HWH Tech Support and on a wait-list for a callback  I’m told that the list is weeks long.  I’ve printed a copy of the HWH troubleshooting guide.  The failure to extend from the stowed/travel position isn’t shown in it

I also posted the same question in the IRV2 Forum. No responses there yet.   

When I Googled the failure, I saw lots on failure to retract, and failure to extend,  but nothing on a failure to get out of the travel mode/stowed position. 

I did check for hydraulic leaks and found nothing. I typically drive the rig for 20-30 miles a month during the off-season and run the generator while I’m out, but I haven’t cycled the jacks since last fall. 

Manholt

I’ve got a call in with HWH Tech Support and on a wait-list for a callback  I’m told that the list is weeks long.  I’ve printed a copy of the HWH troubleshooting guide.  The failure to extend from the stowed/travel position isn’t shown in it

I also posted the same question in the IRV2 Forum. No responses there yet.   

When I Googled the failure, I saw lots on failure to retract, and failure to extend,  but nothing on a failure to get out of the travel mode/stowed position. 

I did check for hydraulic leaks and found nothing. I typically drive the rig for 20-30 miles a month during the off-season and run the generator while I’m out, but I haven’t cycled the jacks since last fall. 

Hermmanmullins

If you’re at the show, could you show the HWH folks my problem and see if they have a solution?  I would seriously owe you a beer. 

Paul Maddox/ AZPete on irv2.com, works for HWH and is a commercial member of irv2.com. He has stated he will freely offer his advice and experience. He will not sell parts or  charged for his advice.

His contact information is listed on irv2.com and I repeat it here: email is pfmaddox@att.net phone# is six zero two 549 three six three eight. He farms too and may take a few days to return your contact, especially during spring planting and harvest.

23 hours ago, huntwt said:

Herman Mullins

If you’re at the show, could you show the HWH folks my problem and see if they have a solution?  I would seriously owe you a beer. 

I copied your opening statement and gave it along with your email address to Dennis from HWH here at the Convention. He said that he would get it to the appropriate person. Hope it helped.

Herman 

9 hours ago, manholt said:

Rayin, please do mail add and phone # on a PM in the future...:)

paul has his contact information in plain text on many forums on irv2.com and on rvforum.net and invites anyone to contact him with HWH problems.

Edited by rayin

Update from original post:  Frank from HWH support got back with me. After some step by step troubleshooting, we diagnosed the problem as likely being a failure of the Master Relay that is on the left of the pump motor. Our Class C is 9 years old, so the relay may have just aged out. I ordered both a Master Relay and the Pump Relay from HWH. Cost was right at $100 for the two of them. Installation was fairly easy. The only issue I had was killing power to the Master Relay. Disconnecting the chassis battery should have done it, but I was still getting power. The house batteries have a master cutoff that also should have done it, but power was still getting through. It wasn’t until I finally disconnected both the house battery and the chassis battery that I was finally able to get the power off to the Master Relay. Once that was done it only took about 45 mins or so to fix. 

085E98AC-8F77-4D4C-B63B-31F6729D2943.jpeg

46903CEC-5F6B-43EE-AF9D-F26841A0E81F.jpeg

E0DDE7A9-6EF8-46D2-9D43-26826330CA85.jpeg