2007 Newmar ventana, Diesel 300HP Cummins

I Just replaced the 4 coach batteries and now they do not keep a charge even when plugged into a 50 amp.  the only way I can charge them is to start the engine.

Does anyone have an idea to the possible source or anything else that may need replacement.

Thank you

I hope you took a picture of the wiring before removing any of them. It sounds like incorrect wiring.

I’ve got 6 house batteries and 2 coach batteries. Read that the generator will charge the batteries. Assuming all batteries are showing low on the panel. Anybody know how long you run the generator to get a full charge.

On 12/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, dons2346 said:

Welcome to the forum. If you could give  a little more info such as brand of coach, model number, battery type, etc, will really help

It’s a Fleetwood Expedition 40X with sealed low maintenance 12v marine deep cycle batteries, one year old. Hope that helps. Thanks.

That is an unanswerable question without knowing the inverter/charger bulk and  absorption rates of charge, exact depth of discharge, condition of battery  cables, battery temperatures, and how many 12VDC amps are being used that detract from  the charging rates.

A ball park EWAG is 4 hours with a 3-stage charger.

Do you have the Magnum Remote controller in your EMS panel?  It may need to be reset or battery type needs to be changed.

If you scroll through the menu you will see the different areas of programming.  One will say type of battery. You should basically have the NAPA style batter (Deka, etc.) and that will be AGM2 on the display.

You never gave the year of the MH

Onley one good way to find out. Run the generator for a couple hours and see where you are. Increase time as needed. 

A very merry Christmas to you! 

Bill