mrcandml

Tech connect email today April 1st 2022

We received an URGENT email yesterday requesting info on our Mifi and sim card...saying not responding could negate our tech connect agreement...

Any insight appreciated 

Tysm

mrcandml

Yep, got mine today.  Although I'm happy they're taking steps to - hopefully - get back to what was considered normal operating speeds and availability, the threat of service termination was worrying - what about people who didn't see the email?  Mis type one of those long number strings?  Seems they should already have the records of what they sent us, the IMEI and SIM card numbers, and what devices were sent with our memberships.

Hopefully this isn't an April 1st prank.

I didn't get any email and I still have the M2000 with Sprint SIM.  I tried several times with emails and phone calls to find out what I needed to do if anything.   After dozen emails and voice mails I gave up and contacted Calyx with several question and got a responds in less than hour.  I got a M2000 from Calyx couple weeks ago and going to return the one from FMCA and so I will be saying goodby to FMCA.... 

I even paid my 10 bucks to get into the Tucson FMCA Rally and they had one person at the booth and waited longer than it took to get reply from Calyx and finally just waked away..

Edited by cwswine

On 4/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, cwswine said:

I didn't get any email and I still have the M2000 with Sprint SIM.  I tried several times with emails and phone calls to find out what I needed to do if anything.   After dozen emails and voice mails I gave up and contacted Calyx with several question and got a responds in less than hour.  I got a M2000 from Calyx couple weeks ago and going to return the one from FMCA and so I will be saying goodby to FMCA.... 

I even paid my 10 bucks to get into the Tucson FMCA Rally and they had one person at the booth and waited longer than it took to get reply from Calyx and finally just waked away..

Hi...Thanks for the post.

Calyx ...which carrier does it/they use?

Is it unlimited (so far) 

I'd really appreciate having the email address that you used for them...

Thanks...

Mike Curtis

ML Weller

On 4/1/2022 at 12:49 PM, mrcandml said:

We received an URGENT email yesterday requesting info on our Mifi and sim card...saying not responding could negate our tech connect agreement...

Any insight appreciated 

Tysm

mrcandml

I just followed the link and filed out the form.

Bill

On 4/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, cwswine said:

On 4/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, cwswine said:

Let me try to understand, you spent a whole $10.00 to get in at the Tucson FMCA Rally yet you were so rushed you couldn't wait your turn to talk to the tech at the booth? 

I wonder why I didn't have any problem talking to the man at the booth at the Tucson FMCA Rally? I went buy and talked to them a couple times. Never a problem. 

I am now on a T9 Franklin. 

Bill

On 4/4/2022 at 6:20 PM, wildebill308 said:

I wonder why I didn't have any problem talking to the man at the booth at the Tucson FMCA Rally? I went buy and talked to them a couple times. Never a problem. 

I am now on a T9 Franklin. 

Bill

And I bet. you send email and responds in less then NEVER and you call in and talk to someone without getting voicemail.  I bet you even get call back faster than NEVER.  LOL.  I guess all the people on here that haven't been able to get tech to respond it's there fault for not waiting longer than NEVER. LOL

Edited by cwswine

20 hours ago, cwswine said:

And I bet. you send email and responds in less then NEVER and you call in and talk to someone without getting voicemail.  I bet you even get call back faster than NEVER.  LOL.  I guess all the people on here that haven't been able to get tech to respond it's there fault for not waiting longer than NEVER. LOL

I sent a message late afternoon one day and got a call back the next morning.  Never had any problems getting in touch with Techconnect 

On 4/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, cwswine said:

I want to make shure I understand this response, from someone who made the effort to go to the Rally in Tucson and after paying for a day pass was to busy/rushed/self important to wait his turn to talk to the people at the booth. Looks to me like the problems are owner originated or induced. You might call Herman I think he might have the secret insider phone number to get results.

Bill

On 4/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, wildebill308 said:

I want to make shure I understand this response, from someone who made the effort to go to the Rally in Tucson and after paying for a day pass was to busy/rushed/self important to wait his turn to talk to the people at the booth. Looks to me like the problems are owner originated or induced. You might call Herman I think he might have the secret insider phone number to get results.

Bill

I don't need secret phone numbers and I have already moved on from FMCA and got the https://calyxinstitute.org/membership/internet hotspot that only 41 buck month with tech support that you need a special phone number or someone to rattle the cages.  A few more months membership and I can move on......

Edited by cwswine

I do not have any special phone number at FMCA. I use the same number that everyone uses.

I did reach out to the IT Director. He sent cwswine an email which I have a copy. To my knowledge cwswine has not responded. I don't know what more I or the IT Department can do but wish him the best and hope he can find a service that can meet all of his needs. 

Herman 

I got my Alcatel Linkzone 2 out for the first time a couple of days ago after it's winter hiatus.  I found that while it had a good signal showing and I could connect to it, I had absolutely no throughput.  I tried calling FMCA's support number but got a recording saying they were snowed under trying to give assistance to everyone so I left a voice mail explaining my trouble and a call back number.  I used the hotspot feature on my phone to access the support page on the FMCA website and found a page telling about all the problems the Alcatel Linkzone 2 was experiencing.  I filled in the form with all my information and expect to soon receive a replacement Franklin T9.  I understand there's lots of changes going on at T-Mobile right now which makes for "interesting times" with the FMCA TechConnect program.

I'll report back after I receive my new hotspot.

Ancient Chinese Curse:  "May you live in interesting times"  😁

4 hours ago, cwswine said:

I don't need secret phone numbers and I have already moved on from FMCA and got the https://calyxinstitute.org/membership/internet hotspot that only 41 buck month with tech support that you need a special phone number or someone to rattle the cages.  A few more months membership and I can move on......

Please do.

moonwink, When I was at the Arizona Rally I actually talked to the people at the Tech Connect booth and now have a new Franklin T9. I have only used it this last week when I was at Texas Motor Speedway but it seames to work just fine.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308