Merman Dan

Return of the "Polka Pickle"

I recently acquired Frank Wojnarowski's "Polka Pickle", a 1948 Flxible Clipper that I believe was later sold for $100 to Bud and Audrey Stone (FM3). Later she found her way into the collection of Charles Gould and was featured on "American Pickers" before he sold her to an Australian firm that later placed her up for auction. 
She's sitting at an RV shop in Greensboro, NC now. Her gas smells like turpentine, her asbestos brake pads were removed, and she currently has a Chevy small block engine in her. First, I'm going to get her running (and stopping), whether that means an engine rebuild or swapping that small block for a crate engine with a bit more power. Newer brake parts arrive next week so I hope to see her in action soon! 
On a visit today I noticed a drawer I had overlooked. Inside was a beach chair with "Stone" written on it! It may have been hiding there for decades. 

IMG_6174s.JPG

busfront.jpg

IMG_6172s.JPG

This is something we will all like to follow. As Wayne said lots of pictures, please.

Just looking, I'll bet you wouldn't have any trouble getting a residential through the front door.

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

I'm amazed that wood paneling is in such good condition, is it original? Apparently the coach has been well cared for over the years.

16 hours ago, akadeadeye said:

If you get that bus fixed up you win an automatic role in the movie RV-2 !

Good Luck !

That bus in is Texas, me behind the wheel 😎 😊 

185BEE9C-F292-4080-ABA0-3A58844BCB45.jpeg

Wow, my parents were good friends with Bud and Audrey.  I believe FMCA got together in the 1960s to help raise a barn for them to be able to store the coach inside.

Chris g.

F3508s