Sign in to follow this  
nightcrawler

Refrigerator replacement

We have a 2010 Phaeton and our GE Profile refrigerator is not working. At what point($$$)do you repair or replace the fridge. Has anyone taken out the residential refrigerator and installed new one. If so, can it fit through the door or do you have to go thru a window?

We had a propane fridge in our '05 Safari, I replaced it with a GE 3 door residential. It fit thru the door with out the fridge doors on, just had to disconnect the scissor hinge on top of the door so it could swing  all the way open.

I measured the entry door then went to Home Depot and Lowes and measured the refrigerators until I found one that would fit in the opening for the original fridge.

I did the same as Viking. I bought the Samsung RF18. Took all the doors including the hinges and bottom drawer. I took the measurements and made a very light weight frame with the same measurements.  Carried the frame through the door. Doing this I found that if I removed the Passengers seat and the TV (just barely cough the corner) and with my three sons help it went in through the door. Like Viking we had a Nevercool 1200 that died. We have never looked back, love the Residential and twice with the space.

Herman

Sounds like a job well done.  A few years ago at a rally, several of us helped an member get a new residential refer in his coach.  We did not remove the front TV...he now has a new front TV!☹️

I have a 2010 Phaeton + repl. the Fridge . Put in a 20 cu/ft Wirlpool , had to take out the side Window on the Driver Side behind the Couch .The OLD + the NEW Fridg. would not go true the Door .It was not to difficult , just take out all the Screws from inside Window Trim and have somebody catch the Window Assy. on the outside . I used a Equipment Hoist (rented from Home Depot)To take the old one out + new one in .OH ,You have to lay the Fridge on its Back . Good Luck .  OLD MARINE