debmig

Great Lakes Area - RVing with You in 22

I have registered for the Great Lakes Area Rally in IN in June.  I have just joined the FMCA.   Can anyone tell me what to expect at the Rally?   I tried to find some more information about the event, but it seems to be limited to registration information.   What I would like to know is, are there any tours and how do you find out and register?   Do you need to belong to a chapter?   Will there be chapters there to talk to find out which one we might be comfortable with?  Is there food on site for purchase?  When should I expect to receive parking information or is it all done when you arrive?

Thanks!

Possibly, I can give you some information. I did check the blog site listed on the registration form, and it doesn’t have any posts. 

Usually there are some tours, but please keep in mind that several manufacturers have not returned to giving tours. They have 3-1/2 days of seminars and most are in an air conditioned building. There is to be a lunch and breakfast provided. There are not many restaurants close bye if you are so inclined. There is golf cart trams to shuttle you from location to location, but they travel the main streets, not into rv site areas. There are about 200 registered RVs with 300 projected. If they do as they have in the past, one evening is chapter night where in the afternoon they will have a chapter fair to introduce chapters to you. Many chapters infinite you to come to their evening meal in shelter buildings across the grounds. No, you don’t have to be a member of a chapter to attend. There may be an ice cream social one afternoon. There should be a vender building or two to browse. 

The grounds are fairly compact, but walking is normally the way to get from building to building. Upon arrival you will receive a program book and a calendar update of events and seminars. Three nights of entertainment are scheduled  inside.  

I saw that you are from Illinois. The Great Lakes area doesn’t include Illinois, but you are very welcome to attend. I think that one Illinois chapter attends every year when GLAMARAMA is in Goshen. 

I belong to the Hoosier Cruisers Chapter which would welcome you to be a member. I don’t think they are charging dues this year. There is a May rally coming up, but I think it is past registration deadline. They have a rally every month during May to October. Tend to follow the weather starting in southern Indiana and moving north each month for 4 months and then back south. I do know that the August rally will be 11-14 at the RV Hall of Fame which is a new location for the Cruisers to rally. 

Hopefully, This information will help you. If you need more, please send a personal message. I will respond. 

Enjoy GLAMARAMA and safe travels. 

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum.

I have set you a PM (personal message) with information on the Rally.

Herman

Why a PM?  Why don't you share the info with everyone, Herman?

Sorry but I would be putting a person's email address out for all to see which is not a good idea. 

Herman 

Edited by hermanmullins

I had also sent a PM .. followed up on our email exchanges with requested specifics on all primarily based Illinois Chapters and copy of all Midwest Chapters for her information...

Edited by whiteeagle
Expanded to expain further