moonwink

Problems after renewing SafeRide RV Motor Club Membership

My records show I've been a member of FMCA's SafeRide RV Motor Club since May 3, 2017 when I paid $109 for a one year membership.  (Year 1)

I renewed that membership for one year $69 on November 2, 2017 when the special lower price was announced.  (Year 2)

I again renewed for 3 years this time at the special lower price of $207 (3 x $69) on April 22, 2018.  (Years 3-4-5)

3 years later I renewed for 1 year on February 26, 2021 for $159.  (Year 6)

I recently renewed for another year on April 30, 2022 for $159.  This membership was to expire one year from the date I renewed (April 30, 2023).  (Year 7)

7 years from May 3, 2017 would be May 3, 2024.  My current coverage ends May 3, 2023.    

I've paid for a total of 7 years service.  Because of SafeRide's terrible record keeping, they kept terminating my previous membership every time I renewed and treating my renewal as a new membership.  Over the past 6 years, I've lost a full year's coverage.  I know all the dates and costs are correct because I've still got my credit card statements.  The SafeRide website is terrible and offers no way of contacting them.  When you renew, you select either a new membership or a returning membership renewal.  Even though I tried to renew, they treat my payment as if I'm a new member and once again show the date of renewal as the date the membership will expire one year from that date. 

I used the contact page on the FMCA website over the weekend and received a call from a SafeRide representative this afternoon.  She claimed the problem was all my fault because I keep signing up as a new member instead of renewing and wouldn't listen to me when I said I never did that.  I told her the SafeRide website (which is dated 2014) was a piece of trash and should be updated.  She went way out of her way to credit me with 4 days to restore my previous expiration date.  Wow!  How nice was that.  When I pressed her about the lost year of membership, she said that it would be FMCA's responsibility after I told her I'd renewed a couple of times at the SafeRide booth at rallies.  She said I was at an FMCA booth and told her no I wasn't.  She steadfastly refused to make it right for me.  They're records don't go back that far I suppose.  So I"m out a full year's membership because of the way they handled my renewals.  As my "expiring" memberships ran out, they never once contacted me.  Each time I paid, I gave them my account number.  They never once matched it up with my account to extend my membership. 

I've only had occasion to call them twice in all these years.  Once for jump when my battery connection acted up and once to air up my inner dual after the valve stem extender failed and the tire came off the rim.  In that instance, they took 1-1/2 hours to respond and by then, I'd manage to take the tire off, got it to take air again and put it back on before they showed up.  (I had nothing else to do while I was waiting anyway.)  No sooner than I cancelled the call, than the truck showed up at the campground I was stuck in but they never contracted me. 

I'm happy enough with their coverage but SafeRide's record keeping leaves a lot to be desired.  My advice to everyone is to be sure to watch those dates when you "renew" coverage and make sure you get a full year's coverage for your money. 

Herman,

I'm not convinced I'm the one that screwed up and even if I did, SafeRide's record keeping system should have caught the duplication.  They never sent renewals twice for the different accounts they claim they set up and I always entered my membership number when renewing.  Clearly, they don't care as long as they're coming out on the plus side.  The end result is that after switching to them from CoachNet several years ago, I'm out a full year's worth of coverage.  This should be investigated and corrected so others aren't given the same treatment.  I could understand if this had happened on one occasion but it's happening every time I renew.