swtiming@aol.com

2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Tow Vehicle

Have you checked the manual on the Ford web site to see if it is towable 4 down and what steps will be needed to tow it?

23 hours ago, swtiming@aol.com said:

Anyone out here using a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid as a toad?  I’m considering purchasing one but want to hear from the masses who actually have done so. 

Is this a new model for 2022? The FMCA towing guide (newest I could find is 2021) doesn't list it so I would be careful checking it out.

Bill

I recently purchased a 2022  Maverick Hybrid.  Blu OX now makes the base plate. They say it's towable. Ford says it's towable but you have to follow a specific procedure.

Mine will be outfitted 12 October and then I will know 

I have found errors in all online towing guides, they are unreliable IMO. The only accurate source is the specific owners manual.

9 hours ago, fad847 said:

I recently purchased a 2022  Maverick Hybrid.  Blu OX now makes the base plate. They say it's towable. Ford says it's towable but you have to follow a specific procedure.

Mine will be outfitted 12 October and then I will know 

" you have to follow a specific procedure." That covers most everything I have seen that is towable. 

Let us know how it works out.

Bill

This note should be included in all instructions for towing.

Note: Put your climate control system in recirculated air mode to prevent exhaust fumes from entering your vehicle. 

Ray I had to go look.😉Interesting that the plain "Gas"version can't be towed. 

Bill

On 9/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, rayin said:

I have found errors in all online towing guides, they are unreliable IMO. The only accurate source is the specific owners manual.

I found, one time and can't remember now the specific Mfg, that the manual was wrong. When I called about it they were apologetic and said it was copied from a previous manual.

Caveat Emptor!