Sign in to follow this  
Ahwalisz

MiFI pause or vacation mode

When I signed up for the FMCA MIFi I was under the impression that I could suspend my service for longer that what they appear to be allowing. I need about 6 months, but I was told that it can only be paused for 3 months. If I want to have a longer time, I have to cancel the service and forfeit the $39.00 deposit/onetime fee. Then when I want to start it up again, another $39.00 fee will be charged.
Is this true?
Is this another change from Sprint to T-Mobile?

It will be interesting to find out.  I had mine paused 4 months while they only charged me $13.99/month this past winter.  During that time, I received the replacement hotspot to replace my Sprint device.  It was the Alcatel Linkzone 2.  When I went to use it in April, it connected to T-Mobile just fine and put out a WiFi signal but would not it would not let anything through so I had to switch to my phone's hotspot option.  When I got ahold of of FMCA's support staff, they said they were in the process of sending replacement Franklin T9 devices.  He said he was sending out a fix for the Alcatel unit but I never tried it after that.  I had to swap the SIM card to the new Franklin hotspot when it arrived so I'll never know if the fix for the Alcatel worked or not.