timnjulie

No power to motorhome after lightning storm

2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial 400 BP diesel pusher type A motorhome. During lightning storm I arrived at Motorhome, entered turning on lights which dimmed (brown out) to almost black. So turned lights off. 

After storm lights would not work. only plug in receptacles work. I installed a new inverter box, but no change. 

Removed surge protector and plugged directly to power plug , no change. Looking for ideas. 

If you have the skill set; I'd first check the ATS/ automatic transfer switch for voltage and proper functioning. What happens when  you run the genset?

What does your surge guard say about the incoming power? Did you check cycle the circuit breakers on the generator?  What was the voltage at the plug in receptacles? What was the battery voltage?

Bill

Surge shows on and at power pole ok. Generator puts out power. Did not check at receptacles, will check tonight. Not sure on battery voltage. Still need to test transfer switch. Thanks  

is there a chance your coach got directly hit by lightning?  there was another thread recently where a coach was hit, and it fried so many systems, the unit had to be written as a loss by the insurance.  it was a really bad fight for the owner.

not trying to scare you. I hope it's just one fuse, relay, or circuit that needs replacing in your case.