dkchaffee

Need Ideas for Trim Around Entry Door

I have had to replace the lock on a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder.  The new lock from the manufacturer was not quite the same size leaving around the lock bracket. (see photo).  Is there any ideas on what I can put around the lock to not only look better but also keep the bracket from not slipping.  

doorpix.jpg

Look at auto pin striping and see if you get an idea. I am thinking black gloss pin striping might look OK if you have a steady hand and good eye.

5 hours ago, dkchaffee said:

I have had to replace the lock on a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder.  The new lock from the manufacturer was not quite the same size leaving around the lock bracket. (see photo).  Is there any ideas on what I can put around the lock to not only look better but also keep the bracket from not slipping.  

doorpix.jpg

Something I might do is mask both the door (around the outside edge of thee paint mark) and the lock. Around the top edge/radius of the lock. Then run a bead of sealant around the lock and smooth it out and then remove the tape.  I would probably clean it with acetone and use a good RV sealant like dicor. 

How loose is the lock?

Bill

Chaffee, Welcome to the Forum.

Since you were able to change the lock, I would remove it and use the outline of the old lock and mask it off. Go to a parts house and get two rattle cans of paint. One Auto Black and one Auto Clear coat. Spray it a couple of coats of Black and then clear. when it dries and you replace the lock you will hardly tell the difference of the two since the outline will be the sane color as the lock.

Herman