Tpace100@aol.com

Monaco Dynasty 2004 slide won't close

I just came home from CWS in Omaha and opened the slides to clean up from the "guys weekend" and now two closed but the one in the bedroom won't got the bus level, pushed on it and wiggled it but she won't budge in or out. Can hear the hyd motor running but it seems to be having no effect in or out. Any ideas?

Tip

If the pump is running and there is plenty of oil and no oil is leaking out of the cylinders or lines then the control valve is probably not shifting. It could be electric between the switch and the valve. check for continuity at the valve connections. If you have voltage there then the possibility is a blown o ring on the valve spool itself. Your HWH manual should tell you how to deal with that. You can also call them on their 800 number for help.

Bebop

In our '04 Monaco the slides are mechanical, not hydraulic. There is a "shear pin" in the drive shaft of the motor that likely has sheared off. This occurs when the slide gets stuck or difficult to move. The purpose of the shear pin is to break before more expensive stuff breaks. A friend gave me a spare for my bedroom slide after his broke. He got a suitable replacement at Home Depot but Monaco should be able to supply them. They are simply a tiny metal "key" that engages the motor shaft with the shaft that moves the slide out. When it breaks, the motor runs without any resistance. It sounds fine but it is literally spinning its wheels. Without the shear pin it is free wheeling.

If the pump is running and there is plenty of oil and no oil is leaking out of the cylinders or lines then the control valve is probably not shifting. It could be electric between the switch and the valve. check for continuity at the valve connections. If you have voltage there then the possibility is a blown o ring on the valve spool itself. Your HWH manual should tell you how to deal with that. You can also call them on their 800 number for help.

Bebop

The HWH folks said it might be a board issue not sending or sending a false signal but I can't find this board. He also said it may be the solenoid not working and if it is a solenoid it'll be 6-8 weeks to get one. I'm told there is a nut on the solenoid to loosenbetween the wires but it's pouring rain here so it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Got the Dat Burn thing to close finally by swapping the hoses from bad solenoid set to good set and closed it. Then put board to keep it in. Swapped back hoses and then shut valve (small nut type) on top of solenoids and motor. Pretty sure the problem is the solenoid but after three days working on it it's time to go to the shop. Pushing it did not work with solenoids nut retracted 4 turns per manual.

Tip70775