rossboyer

Selling Motor Home

Due to health, we have decided to sell our 2006 Fleetwood Expedition. I would like suggestions on how to sell. We are located in central Indiana. 

815F1425-8799-4AF0-B7BA-BC56B1FB4F39.jpeg

I would think thats the second decision you make, the first is do we sell. If you do it yourself, a lot of great pictures  and a well written description of the unit including all the improvements you've made. You can advertise in the FMCA magazine but the last I heard it takes 2-3 months for it to be published. RV Trader, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay and Craigs List would be places to advertise.

I don't know any place up there. I would talk to NIRVC I am told they do a good job of handling everything. I have only bought from them and it was a great experience. They have list of people looking. I would call Angie and talk to her. The second place is PPL Motorhomes. I sold one of my diesel pushers through them and they did a good job.

Bill

i would try multiple sites:

craigslist.org

rvtrader.com

rvt.com

lots of good pictures and description of upgrades & repairs you've done.  my last one sold from an ad on Craigslist.  this is the cheapest option and you will get local buyers, whereas the other sites will produce more out of state buyers.

you can also look for consignment lots in your area.  i sold another motorhome that way, and it was very easy.

good luck.

I have checked consignment sites near us. They will not take any motor home older than 10 years. 

I have listed with RV WHEELATOR. 5% commission. Their site is linked to more than 100 other sites. They are an FMCA commercial member. 

Is this a good decision? Only time will tell. 

I understand Ross, we are in limbo right now. If the ins. company would make up their mind to  total our MH or not it would be much better. If they decide to go the total route before yours sells, I'll be contacting you.

Wish downsize would work for us. My wife is using a walker full time. Getting in and out of motor home is very hard for  her. Getting hard for me, too. So many trips in and out to load the items for trip was hard on my leg and knees. It is right time for us to sell. 

PS: If anyone wants to see our listing, go to RVWHEELATOR.com. Select you want to Buy. Scroll down to our listing. There are 38 pictures. 

My experience was good. They gave me several tips about creating pictures and only accepting cash or electronic funds transfer. But I didn't sell it through them. I don't know how many real inquiries they received. They do vet inquiries which means you don't have a lot of calls to answer.

I actually sold through Facebook marketplace. I don't remember how many inquiries I had but not many. After about a month, I showed the motor home to a serious buyer.  Next day a second. First one couldn't get financing. The second gave me $1,000.00 cash deposit. Two days later, an electronic transfer for full payment. I had accepted a selling price $1,000.00 less than the one suggested by RV Wheelator, but since I didn't have to pay their commission, I netted $1,000.00 more than I would have.  I did give him a lot of items that I would no longer need. Spare parts, belts, filters etc. They have done some of their own customizations which is good.  

The buyer has called me 3 or 4 times asking questions about operating different items. He had RVing experience, but it was using a 5th wheel. So bottom line, good experience with RVWHEELATOR, but didn't sell through them. 

I've recently heard there is a good site on Facebook called "Diesel Pushers For Sale