DawnandSteve

2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT Tire Size

I am looking to buy a 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT, and would like to know the correct tire size for the coach. I think the owner has 315 80R22.5 on there. The brochure I found online says 235 80R22.5 but then it says (N/A: 37PCT). There is a couple of thousand dollar difference. So if anyone knows the correct size it would be greatly appreciated.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, DawnandSteve said:

I am looking to buy a 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT, and would like to know the correct tire size for the coach. I think the owner has 315 80R22.5 on there. The brochure I found online says 235 80R22.5 but then it says (N/A: 37PCT). There is a couple of thousand dollar difference. So if anyone knows the correct size it would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to finding the OE size and Load Range i suggest you also get the unit on a truck scale to learn how close to the GAW rating your RV is.  HAve you looked for a Holiday Rambler forum? You amy be able to find someone with your exact model and year who can point you to the location of your Certification label that has all kinds of important weight and tire information.

I would still get on a truck scale and ensure the new tires can support 110% of the measured load based on heavier end of each axle. If you can't get individual ends at least assume 52% of the axle reading.

In 2017 RVIA changes the tire requirement to be able to support 110% of the GAWR. This was done to at least partially address the known tire overloading  seen on a majority of RVs.

You can meet the 110% either with higher Load Range and higher inflation or with larger tires.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, DawnandSteve said:

Consult a reputable truck tire shop, give them the original size and they can tell you what you need. 4 corner weights will certainly help them make a better decision.

On 6/12/2022 at 8:52 PM, jleamont said:

Consult a reputable truck tire shop, give them the original size and they can tell you what you need. 4 corner weights will certainly help them make a better decision.

That's what he is asking for, the original tire size, which will be listed on the Federal Tire Placard in the vehicle.

18 hours ago, rayin said:

That's what he is asking for, the original tire size, which will be listed on the Federal Tire Placard in the vehicle.

Ray, he found documentation in the brochure. 

I pointed him to the sales brochure, the Ford chassis came with 19.5" tires, the Workhorse chassis, which came with 22.5" tires, was not available for the 37PCT model.