Jump to content
DawnandSteve

2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT Tire Size

Recommended Posts

I am looking to buy a 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT, and would like to know the correct tire size for the coach. I think the owner has 315 80R22.5 on there. The brochure I found online says 235 80R22.5 but then it says (N/A: 37PCT). There is a couple of thousand dollar difference. So if anyone knows the correct size it would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Forum. Look beside the driver seat. There should be information sheet with the tire size that come on the RV.

Herman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, DawnandSteve said:

I am looking to buy a 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT, and would like to know the correct tire size for the coach. I think the owner has 315 80R22.5 on there. The brochure I found online says 235 80R22.5 but then it says (N/A: 37PCT). There is a couple of thousand dollar difference. So if anyone knows the correct size it would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to finding the OE size and Load Range i suggest you also get the unit on a truck scale to learn how close to the GAW rating your RV is.  HAve you looked for a Holiday Rambler forum? You amy be able to find someone with your exact model and year who can point you to the location of your Certification label that has all kinds of important weight and tire information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the 2004 sales brochure the Ford chassis came with 245/70R19.5 tires. The Workhorse chassis came with 235/80 tires. The workhorse chassis was N/A for the 37PCT model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would still get on a truck scale and ensure the new tires can support 110% of the measured load based on heavier end of each axle. If you can't get individual ends at least assume 52% of the axle reading.

In 2017 RVIA changes the tire requirement to be able to support 110% of the GAWR. This was done to at least partially address the known tire overloading  seen on a majority of RVs.

You can meet the 110% either with higher Load Range and higher inflation or with larger tires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, DawnandSteve said:

I am looking to buy a 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37PCT, and would like to know the correct tire size for the coach. I think the owner has 315 80R22.5 on there. The brochure I found online says 235 80R22.5 but then it says (N/A: 37PCT). There is a couple of thousand dollar difference. So if anyone knows the correct size it would be greatly appreciated.

Consult a reputable truck tire shop, give them the original size and they can tell you what you need. 4 corner weights will certainly help them make a better decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2022 at 8:52 PM, jleamont said:

Consult a reputable truck tire shop, give them the original size and they can tell you what you need. 4 corner weights will certainly help them make a better decision.

That's what he is asking for, the original tire size, which will be listed on the Federal Tire Placard in the vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rayin said:

That's what he is asking for, the original tire size, which will be listed on the Federal Tire Placard in the vehicle.

Ray, he found documentation in the brochure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be more inclined to believe the placard in the coach. Apparently the OP figured it out because they haven't been back.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pointed him to the sales brochure, the Ford chassis came with 19.5" tires, the Workhorse chassis, which came with 22.5" tires, was not available for the 37PCT model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...