iggy

Nasville Tennessee attraction Ideas?

Question

I will be heading from Arizona cross county soon with many stops along the way.
Been to all previously stops except Nasville Tennessee which we have 7 nights layover.
We are staying north out of town at the Grand Ole RV Park.

I know about the Grand Ole Opry and that's it.
How about a fun River boat dinner cruise or a City tour your liked and any other attractions you really enjoyed.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Iggy

Edited by iggy

7 answers to this question

Iggy we stayed two nights at Grand Ole RV Resort. Met one of the owners, Tommy. Super nice and very helpful. Breakfast was very good and quite reasonable and the nightly entertainment on the porch was good. We consider it one of our favorites.

Herman

Yes Herman. I have heard the same good people and entertainment on the back porch.
Also overnight prices a lot more reasonable than closer to town.

We enjoyed the General Jackson riverboat cruise.  They have a dinner and music show.  We liked the show more than the Grand Ole Opry.  The food was pretty good, as well.  And, you shouldn't miss the Country Music Hall of Fame, and Music Row.  Be sure to stop in at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and see where the big stars hang out on occasion.  They usually have live music going on at all hours.  We usually stay at the Grand Ole RV Park when we visit Nashville.  Much less expensive than the downtown parks.

PS:  Your post got me thinking about our upcoming trip.  We are staying at a COE park near Nashville next month, so I just booked 2 tickets for the General Jackson show boat lunch cruise.

We are headed to Nashville for the 1st time in October. We are going to Grand Ole Opry for 1 night of the 97th bday.  Also plan on doing the Opry tour. Besides that we haven't planned anything.

21 hours ago, TomCinMcL said:

We are headed to Nashville for the 1st time in October. We are going to Grand Ole Opry for 1 night of the 97th bday.  Also plan on doing the Opry tour. Besides that we haven't planned anything.

You should really go have a beer at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge.  You never know who you might run into there.

When attending the Opry, within walking distance is the hotel. It is worth the effort to  just walk around inside this magnificent structure.

On music row there is a record/tape/CD shop that have everything - everything ever recorded in the C/W field. I bought an old 33 1/3 record, Mr. and Mrs. Hank Williams singing duo's. Until then I never knew they had sang together. I think(been many years ago) the shop is around the corner from Hard Rock Cafe Nashville.