Sign in to follow this  
iggy

Did you know FMCA has a Joint Military Chapter?

FMCA Announcement and Introduction to SMART
 A new collaboration between SMART and the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA).

SmartLogo240x240.jpg.1119d128a42a8609a72982677ebb9422.jpg    
Special Military Active Recreational Travelers (SMART)
brings military veterans, and their families together to share camaraderie, travel, camping, and support to our veterans.

All active, retired, and honorably discharged veterans from U.S. and Canadian Armed Forces, interested in recreational travel, and sharing
the camaraderie developed in the military are welcome.
This includes; Reserve, National Guard, Air National Guard, Coast Guard, and also USPHS, and NOAA.

Who’s A Veteran? - A veteran, as defined by federal law, moral code and military service is;
“Any person who served for any length of time in any military service branch.”

Emphasis on serving Veterans - We have chapters for full-timers, golfers, and for members who just like to travel. Married or single, owning a motorhome, travel trailer, 5th wheel, truck camper, or pop-up, our chapters offer activities to include: simple pleasures such as playing games, socializing, sharing potluck meals on weekend camp-outs, and monthly luncheons; to involvement in community activities, and volunteering at Veterans' Homes and Hospitals. Members volunteer and participate in Habitat for Humanity, the Marine Corps' Toys for Tots, Sew Much Comfort, and others.

Website
SMART FMCA (smartrving.org)

Edited by iggy

Those of you that are members of SMART....have you checked out the June issue of the FMCA Magazine?  On page 78  there is an article entitled, "SMART FMCA Chapter Wins First Place In Chapter Fair."  There is a picture with two men standing in front of a table, with a row of American Flags displayed around the top of the table.  All the flags are mounted backwards, with the stars in the wrong corner.  I sent an email to FMCA yesterday, but haven't gotten a reply yet.  Here's the  last sentence of my email:  "Surely somebody in SMART or FMCA knows the correct way to hang our flag.  After 24 years on active duty, I'm embarrassed for everybody involved with this article."

Edited by five

Five,
You are 100% correct and I have forwarded your remarks to the President of the SMART FMCA Chapter and assured me that it will not happen again in future displays.

Thank you very much in catching this error and hope this will make insure our American Flag is properly flown and draped properly and respectfully.

Thank You,
John I

Edited by iggy