Just signed up for the new plan.  We are at Camp Carlson in FT. Knox so hopefully it gets here before we leave in a week since the tmobile service here is only about 3MB's.  I just hope they do not cut me off before I have a chance to install the new sim in my WiFiRanger.  I can say I never had any issues with the sprint/tmobile sim but I never used the hotspot they sent.  They also never sent me an updated sim.

Ordered mine this am. I have a wifi ranger denali. Are you saying we can install the sim in that and it will work? I asked them and they could not give a definite answer yet. But if your t mobile worked in it, att would work

YES!  Do you know what cat modem you have in your denali?  I have the slower one that was compatible with Tmobile frequencies but I will be contacting them to see if I can get the cat 12 modem.  FYI the WiFiRanger only officially supports Tmobile and ATT (there is one other off brand but do not remember what one)

Spruce is indoor unit. Denali is outdoor.  Do you have the paperwork I came with. It will tell what modem if any you have. Another option is to login to you control panel on the denali and it will have device ID top right corner that you can call wifiranger and they will tell you.

If you have T-Mobile through FMCA you will be moved to AT&T if you desire. See the email blast that wen out the first of the week.

Dear FMCA Tech Connect+ Member,

Change is a constant in life, and in technology, and for the second time since the Tech Connect+ benefit was created in 2017, we must make major changes to the plan.

T-Mobile, the current provider for the optional mobile internet plan that is included in the Tech Connect+ benefit, has chosen not to move forward with FMCA in a way that would keep the benefit in its current form. So, FMCA leaders had to seek an alternative mobile internet provider that would give FMCA members the same quality of service without a big cost increase.

Because of this, AT&T has been chosen as the new provider for the optional mobile internet plan that is part of FMCA’s Tech Connect+ benefit.

This new plan will take effect on June 7, 2022, and you will need to decide if you want to transition to AT&T or to cancel your subscription to the Tech Connect+ benefit.

The good news is that besides the need for a new AT&T mobile hotspot, not much has changed. You will still have unlimited mobile internet, with great coverage comparable to what you currently have through the benefit. AT&T does reserve the right to network manage at any time after 75GB of usage within a month. Network management was part of the plan with T-Mobile as well, but at 50GB.

Network management from AT&T means that you will still have internet access, but you will experience reduced speeds if you have used 75GB of data already in the month and are in a congested area.

Congested areas are those where a large amount of users are connected to the same cellular provider tower at the same time. To keep up with the load, the tower starts to manage the connections and requests for usage. In this case, those who have used 75GB of data will have a lower priority on the tower than someone who has not.  When not connected to a congested tower, you should not experience network management.

The plan is still “No Contract” and still “Bring Your Own Device,” which means members can use other devices on the AT&T plan as long as the device is unlocked and registered with the AT&T network through FMCA.  

One major difference with AT&T versus the current carrier is that you can have more than one hotspot on this plan, whereas up until now you have been limited to a single hotspot.

Because of the need to change carriers, the monthly rate for this plan will move from $49.99 to $59.99. This is the first price increase since the inception of the program in 2017, and you will find that for an unlimited internet plan, this is still a good deal.

To migrate your Tech Connect+ subscription’s mobile internet plan to AT&T, or to opt-out of the Tech Connect+ benefit, follow the steps below:
  1. Log in at www.fmca.com
  2. After logging in, you will be on the member dashboard. Click the menu button at the top of the page and choose “TECH CONNECT+ DASHBOARD.”
  3. Once the page loads, you will see a tab that says “MIGRATE TO AT&T.” Click it and you will be taken to a page where you will be asked whether you want to continue with the Tech Connect+ benefit. You can choose either “Yes” or “No.”
  4. If you choose “Yes,” you will be asked to agree to the price increase from $49.99 to $59.99 per month. You will be asked to provide an address that we can have your new AT&T hotspot sent to.

If you choose “No,” you will not have to do anything else. Within 45 days, your Tech Connect+ account will be automatically closed down, and your T-Mobile/Sprint hotspot will be deactivated at that time.

Note: If you do not fill out this form, it is the same as choosing “No,” and your account will be deactivated within 45 days.

If you experience any issues logging into the FMCA website or filling out the form, please contact the Tech Connect+ team at techconnect@fmca.com; (513) 474-3622 or (800) 543-3622. Please be patient as we navigate this change.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.e2ma.net%2Fimages%2Fspacer.gif&t=1654805500&ymreqid=ba8ff42e-3444-38e4-1c00-0a0004016400&sig=E4N1MtduxDLppnLSwSej9Q--~D

FMCA - Your RVing Family

Herman

I guess I am not on their email list, I never got the April 1st email nor did I get this one. I was in contact with Techconnect just a short while ago and I was told I could put the T Mobile Sim into a M2000 so I went out and bought the M2000 now I am out of luck with it and no email to tell me sorry for the bad info. Maybe it is time to switch to another vendor.

Faiello,

If you don't get any messages from FMCA go to FMCA.COM and check your profile.  You may have opted out of any communication from FMCA. You can call the IT Department and they can guide you to opt back in. Then you will get information from FMCA. 

Hope this helps. 

Herman 

1 hour ago, faiello said:

I guess I am not on their email list, I never got the April 1st email nor did I get this one. I was in contact with Techconnect just a short while ago and I was told I could put the T Mobile Sim into a M2000 so I went out and bought the M2000 now I am out of luck with it and no email to tell me sorry for the bad info. Maybe it is time to switch to another vendor.

I am pretty sure the M2000 will work with the ATT sim.  Works with my Verizon and Tmobile

Please help me understand Rv internet….. with TECH Connect + ATT agreement.  I am a FMCA member & have 2022 Newmar Dutch Star with a Wi-Fi Denali/Spuce routers not hooked up yet.  Is the AT&T  device receiving the internet signal from a Communication TOWER or is it receiving it from campground signal or both or what?  Want to make the correct decision before making a purchase.  We are part timers.  Thank you for any suggestions….

You have 2 choices.  

1. When you get the att hotspot you can simply use the spruce or denali to connect to the hotspot or just connect your devices to the hotspot.  The spruce and denali have more security options.

2. The best option is to insert the sim from the att hotspot into the denali (if equiped with a lte modem). This gives you a better signal since it is non the roof.  The denali can pickup WiFi signals from a further distance so it does help when there is decent park wifi.

I received my ATT device today and promptly locked my SIM card. I will have to get the PUK to unlock it. Does anyone know if I have to wait to contact FMCA TechConnect when they are open?  I have no ATT account info so am I  correct in assuming I need to go through FMCA?

14 hours ago, countryroads said:

Please help me understand Rv internet….. with TECH Connect + ATT agreement.  I am a FMCA member & have 2022 Newmar Dutch Star with a Wi-Fi Denali/Spuce routers not hooked up yet.  Is the AT&T  device receiving the internet signal from a Communication TOWER or is it receiving it from campground signal or both or what?  Want to make the correct decision before making a purchase.  We are part timers.  Thank you for any suggestions….

ATT gets signal from an ATT tower.

Campground signal comes from whatever service the campground uses.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:52 PM, faiello said:

From what I have been told, you will be able to use the M2000 but you will need a different SIM. In two weeks you will be able to get the proper sim from TechConnect, so you supposedly can use the M2000. Check with them yourself to confirm

I received my Moxie yesterday afternoon. The T mobile had the same download speeds but I could never stream Paramount + or other sources without constant buffering. And forget it if I wanted to use the computer at night, .25 signal on the T mobile.

With the ATT I can stream all day and last night with zero buffering, we will see how it goes

Edited by Jcapps

3 hours ago, Jcapps said:

From what I have been told, you will be able to use the M2000 but you will need a different SIM. In two weeks you will be able to get the proper sim from TechConnect, so you can use the M2000

I received my Moxie yesterday afternoon. The T mobile had the same download speeds but I could never stream Paramount + or other sources without constant buffering. And forget it if I wanted to use the computer at night, .25 signal on the T mobile.

With the ATT I can stream all day and last night with zero buffering, we will see how it goes

Who told you this? If that is true I  will stay with Techconnect and give AT&T a shot. We have been very happy with T-Mobile service where we have gone and hope we get the same from AT&T.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, faiello said:

Who told you this? If that is true I  will stay with Techconnect and give AT&T a shot. We have been very happy with T-Mobile service where we have gone and hope we get the same from AT&T.

Another RVer that called them. I trust the source, not sure I trust the support

Edited by Jcapps

How long after ordering did you get you r ATT hotspot?  I ordered first thing last Tuesday and still have not received it.  I am traveling and leave tomorrow and I have had zero contact from FMCA.  When ordering it said 2-3 business days.  We leave here tomorrow so if it is not here we are not sure how to proceed since no-one returns my calls or my support ticket.

When you select to move to AT&T you will get a call from Alex. She will ask if you want it to a P.O.Box or fiscal address. P.O.Box can take 2 to 3 weeks. Fiscal address just a couple of days.

Which was selected? 

Herman