I see many posts where people are calling ATT or going to the store. They have absolutely nothing to do with this plan. You have to go through tech connect. You signed up with tech connect, they are administering the plan, not ATT

Give Tech Connect a break, they are swamped.

If you are not happy with your download speed get Starlink.$599 for equipment and $135 month. A friend has had great results.

Edited by Jcapps

Well hopefully others can follow the thread or someone can update the FAQ, particularly around SIM cards, or they can start shipping with the universal SIM cards that are standard.

Now I have to get off the fraud list and have them turn back on my service.  😀

I’ll also concur that Starlink is great when you have a huge clear sky.  Really tough to get anything where there are lots of trees.

Has anyone heard any news about how Calyx is handling the change to T-Mobile?  I'm not quite ready to drop $750 and find out they're having troubles too.

12 hours ago, C-923954 said:

Has anyone heard any news about how Calyx is handling the change to T-Mobile?  I'm not quite ready to drop $750 and find out they're having troubles too.

This should be a topic by itself.  This thread is all about FMCA's Technet - AT&T related issues. 

On 6/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, hermanmullins said:

When you select to move to AT&T you will get a call from Alex. She will ask if you want it to a P.O.Box or fiscal address. P.O.Box can take 2 to 3 weeks. Fiscal address just a couple of days.

Which was selected? 

Herman 

Hi Herman,

Filled in form last Thurs (today is Wed) not a POBOX btw.

We haven't received a call and leave in a week..

Thoughts?

Ty

Michael 

ML

2 hours ago, mrcandml said:

Hi Herman,

Filled in form last Thurs (today is Wed) not a POBOX btw.

We haven't received a call and leave in a week..

Thoughts?

Ty

Michael 

ML

I was told the first batch of registrations were corrupt.  I just kept calling till I got a live person.

So if I have this right the trouble here is it more likely the Moxie hotspot which has terrible reviews. I can buy an unlocked MI2000 4G/5G and expect better 4G performance and also add an antenna to it. Tech Connect in some manor will provide me with a compatible sim and I can move on too somewhat close to the performance I had before. Of course assuming ATT doesn't throttle much. In addition, FMCA is going to offer a more robust system in the future. Is that true?

27 minutes ago, ttbikes said:

So if I have this right the trouble here is it more likely the Moxie hotspot which has terrible reviews. I can buy an unlocked MI2000 4G/5G and expect better 4G performance and also add an antenna to it. Tech Connect in some manor will provide me with a compatible sim and I can move on too somewhat close to the performance I had before. Of course assuming ATT doesn't throttle much. In addition, FMCA is going to offer a more robust system in the future. Is that true?

With the existing AT&T plan it doesn't make a difference which device you use you will only get 12mbps and lucky to get 2mbps for streaming. I returned my Moxee and nano sim for my M2000 and opted for the Calyx Substainer plan, so far it is very good at my sticks and bricks. Ive seen speeds up to 300mbps and 58mbps from Fast.com for streaming.

On 6/29/2022 at 5:27 PM, orion7144 said:

I was told the first batch of registrations were corrupt.  I just kept calling till I got a live person.

Thanks....

On 7/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, faiello said:

With the existing AT&T plan it doesn't make a difference which device you use you will only get 12mbps and lucky to get 2mbps for streaming. I returned my Moxee and nano sim for my M2000 and opted for the Calyx Substainer plan, so far it is very good at my sticks and bricks. Ive seen speeds up to 300mbps and 58mbps from Fast.com for streaming.

I ordered the new FMCA plan with the idea that I will have to upgrade to FMCA "expected new faster plan" and add an unlocked MiFi too that. Knowing that might take some time, I also got the Calyx Substainer Plan. I am full time and having streaming access is a must for me. Having two providers will provide some signal flexibility. If the ATT plan proves completely worthless I will just drop it. Thanks for you input.

16 hours ago, ttbikes said:

I ordered the new FMCA plan with the idea that I will have to upgrade to FMCA "expected new faster plan" and add an unlocked MiFi too that. Knowing that might take some time, I also got the Calyx Substainer Plan. I am full time and having streaming access is a must for me. Having two providers will provide some signal flexibility. If the ATT plan proves completely worthless I will just drop it. Thanks for you input.

This is exactly what I am doing. Calyx struggles in the mountains where I am as  t mobile is overwhelmed in this area. The ATT works fine. I brought the Calyx to my shop in C Florida and will use it there until October, when I leave the mountains. At the shop I get 182mb with the Calyx. At that time I may send the ATT back and get a second Calyx. I would love to support the FMCA program and it current ATT offering lets me stream, but in the end the price for the amount of MB is not making much sense. 

AT&T doesn't work on the M2000. I contacted Tech-Connect about this to try testing it, but unfortunately, it doesn't work. Gets an "Invalid SIM" error.

I could only get 0.50-1.00 MPS with garbage T-Mobile network in Deming, NM. Looking forward to AT&T, they've never let me down yet.

24 minutes ago, C-893826 said:

AT&T doesn't work on the M2000. I contacted Tech-Connect about this to try testing it, but unfortunately, it doesn't work. Gets an "Invalid SIM" error.

I could only get 0.50-1.00 MPS with garbage T-Mobile network in Deming, NM. Looking forward to AT&T, they've never let me down yet.

Those are the speeds I got when I tried my new Moxie here at my house in Eureka, MO just west St Louis about 1/2 south of I-44.   Years ago, my work phone was through AT&T and I kept it into retirement - until it kept dropping calls.  When I complained, I was told there were no plans to improve service in the area and I should go with another provider.  When I asked if they'd let me out of my contract, the answer was no.  I went with Sprint and now Verizon and haven't had any trouble.  In my opinion none of the providers are good all over.  You just have to find one that works for you.  I'm shopping around to see what else is available.  I don't have any loyalty to any of them.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, orion7144 said:

How long after ordering did you get you r ATT hotspot?  I ordered first thing last Tuesday and still have not received it.  I am traveling and leave tomorrow and I have had zero contact from FMCA.  When ordering it said 2-3 business days.  We leave here tomorrow so if it is not here we are not sure how to proceed since no-one returns my calls or my support ticket.

I signed up late on 8/1. Got the hotspot today 8/3 by 2pm ET. Can't believe how quick it came. I will activate later tonight. 

Will look for a better device to use ATT SIM Card with.

I have been using both the FMCA ATT plan and the Calyx T-Mobile Substainer Plan for about a month. As you might expect the Calyx plan as out performed the FMCA plan at 4 locations. The Calyx Franklin T10 has had a little better battery life and signal strength than Moxee. Streaming with the FMCA/ Moxee plan as been marginal with some buffering but usable. The Calyx/Franklin as been better streaming and faster for surfing. I am going to keep both but will upgrade with FMCA if they upgrade their plan. I also expect that at some point the FMCA ATT plan will out preform the Calyx T-Mobile based on given location. Because I am full time and need internet cost has not been a consideration for me. The service end of both systems has been very good and also think that supporting FMCA is good for us all.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:18 PM, C-893826 said:

Im actually using a old netgear LB1120 modem hooked up to a router. Getting decent results, still get a little buffering when streaming. 

Today I used the Moxee in a strong signal area and ran a speedtest - 12mb up and down.  Much better than it does at my house.  I can't say I'll stay with it if I find what I figure is a better deal.  I'm not done looking around. 

Using my Netgear MR1100 from previous AT&T service (their 100GB plan just doubled in price). Swapped the SIM, Tech+Connect reconfigured SIM to see the Netgear, and it's working as advertised. I paid $5 more/mo for the 25mb "guarantee" (though I look at that as an "up to 25mb" limit - it saves lots of disappointment, btw). 

Streams, Zooms, and generally meets my expectations. I can't complain. But yes, I am using a better/more expensive hotspot than the Moxee. 

943917629_ScreenShot2022-08-16at9_45_47AM.thumb.png.bb60374379f086a0751a8581b61bda82.png