PatandTerry

Update New “B” W/lithium package

7 months ago I asked for input from owners of newer “B” coaches with lithium package no generator. How was it working, the good , bad & ugly. I received a few good replies but only one actual owner (thank you). I have had my coachmen 22c li3 AWD for 6 months now. Over all I am very pleased with the coach. This is my 10th motor home so I know what to expect as an owner. I think this coach build quality is very good. I know a motor home is just a box full of other manufacturers parts, so the components used and assembly quality are the key factors to a first class coach, especially a”B” sense the body & chassis is one component. I feel Forest Rivers/Coachmen is a first class organization. So far their major short fall is the absence of an owners operator manual for this specific Coach. They have a good staff of service advisors ready and willing to assist with any operation questions. Problem is most questions come up after hours and most need a hands on walk through. My 630amp lithium battery powered / 3000amp inverter/ charger (no generator),Truma  furnace/hot water , small solar panels, Wi-Fi ranger and a panel called a fire fly. Each component has an installation/operator manual with mostly installation instruction and technical operator instructions, fire fly nothing, how they connect and communicate nothing. This has made the learning curve for me very steep.

I survived the sub freezing winter with no damage, just looking forward to warm weather (careful what you wish for) past week had 2 days over 100. The white steel body has a outside temperature of 125 plus. The 12volt Premium Turbo 2 air conditioner could not keep it below 90 degrees. I have to run the chassis engine A/C to get it down to a bearable low 80s. The A/C is doing a decent job with a 15 degree deviance air in air out. There is one little glitch, the fire fly thing is having a program communication problem with the Premium A/C and the compressor will shut off and blow just hot air. So far it will go for a day or so between shut Downs, A/C factory is working with fire fly to solve problem.

I like the size of this Coach and the ford transit chassis is easy and fun to drive. I think it may be a little too high tech for a camper. I wanted a small motor home easy to get around and see the country without a tow car and no noisy generator. I have the small motor home that’s easy to get around but has an A/C that’s noisier than a generator and has way to many PC Boards.

69778D38-F0F8-46B7-8DA6-312F8FED343A.jpeg

Adding to my original post hopefully to inform potential “B” buyers.

I read a lot of blogs and so claimed reviews along with a few videos introducing new model 2022 Coachmen Beyond’s & American Patriots (Manufacturers I am familiar with) models that caught my interest 22 ft with lithium power package & no generator. I wanted to be able to dry camp run a C-pap and have Air Conditioner without bothering neighbors with a noisy generator. 
My experience so far: My Coachmen Beyond 22c li3 with 630 amp lithonics lithium battery package, Xantrex 3000 watt inverter/charger, Truma furnace/hot water, 12v compressor refrigerator, 12v Premium Turbo 2 Air Conditioner 22000 btu . With A/C running, refrigerator on and all the little gremlins running, on three occasions the lithium batteries have supplied power for a little over 6 hours with 40% batteries remaining. This would indicate the system should go approximately 9 to 10 hours to empty. I have not had an occasion to run any longer without shore power or running chassis engine alternator/generator. I’m very pleased with this performance and the fact that the A/C is reasonably quiet inside the coach. However, the Turbo  2 A/C sounds like a taxing Lear Jet outside. It has a whine that is annoying and disturbing. The new quiet generators and A/Cs are much less disturbing. I have not seen this A/C noise addressed in any of the reviews, blogs or videos. Of course I’m sure I haven’t seen them all. This is no reflection on Coachmen, this A/C is used by a lot of manufacturers. It would be nice if they could come up with some retro fit fix for the noise problem. 
We’re looking forward to a 2 to 3 month trip starting in August. I will update as it goes. This is really a great little coach can’t wait to get it on the road. This is not intended to be a blog, I just want to inform some fellow FMCAers of some things they may not get elsewhere.