donjlong

FMCA Michelin Tire Program

I recently took advantage of the FMCA Michelin tire program for my 40' class A diesel pusher. What a great deal! Replaced all six tires and it went exactly as advertised and wow, what great tires! Thank you FMCA!!

Glad you got a great deal....keep and eye on  those Michelins.

I have not gotten as long life as I have had with Bridgestone or Firestone. Usually, get sidewall cracks. 

donjlong, They should serve you well. 

I got great service out of the Continentals at a cheaper price than the Michelins. 

Bill

Go to any forum and search for Michelins....they seem to be fine for cars and pick ups, but there are a great many RVers who changed them early due to cracking side walls.  Mine cracked at five and a half years and 34k.  Plenty of tread left and yes, they were covered in the CGs and in a barn when not travelling.  Replaced them with Continentals on the front and Toyos on the back.

31 minutes ago, five said:

Go to any forum and search for Michelins....they seem to be fine for cars and pick ups, but there are a great many RVers who changed them early due to cracking side walls.  Mine cracked at five and a half years and 34k.  Plenty of tread left and yes, they were covered in the CGs and in a barn when not travelling.  Replaced them with Continentals on the front and Toyos on the back.

Lack of regular use and improper care seems to be the cause of sidewall cracks with Michelin tires. They address the issue here:   https://michelinb2b.com/wps/b2bcontent/PDF/RV_Tires_Brochure.pdf - pg 8

Most tire dressings contain silicone or petroleum products.

Edited by rayin

Just put the 3rd set of Michelins on my MH. Bought it in 2010, had 2008 dated Michelins on it. I don't like to run past 7 years. Both sets of Michelin tires removed appeared to be in perfect condition other than a little wear. no cracking anywhere. This is our 2nd MH on Michelins. No problems to date. 

44 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Ian, did the new Michelin Canadian FMC Program help in your purchase?

Herman

Somewhat. Although I dealt with a local dealer that quoted a very good price, I did use the FMCA program as a comparison. Unfortunately the dealer has since closed up shop. Maybe his prices were just too good?

The FMCA Michelin tire program webpage used to state; compare the program pricing to local dealers, who sometimes have better pricing. Something like that.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, wildebill308 said:

donjlong, They should serve you well. 

I got great service out of the Continentals at a cheaper price than the Michelins. 

Bill

Thats great! I know that it is good name and have represented quality for many years. I have been doing business with this local dealer since the early 80s and they strongly recommended the Michelins, so far we are very pleased; about 10k on them already...

On 6/30/2022 at 7:14 PM, five said:

Thanks for the heads-up on this, we will keep an eye on them. We travel for business in our class A running 30k each year. I will probably wear them out before they have the chance to crack but I will keep an eye on them..

Pinestump, Welcome to the Forum.

That is good that you were able to buy 22.5 tires from WalMart. I for one have never found a WalMart that had the room or tools to work on those large of wheels.

Again, Welcome,

Herman 

3 hours ago, Pinestump said:

$850 for Michelin 305/70R 22.5 from Walmart and $877 from FMCA Today so

no advantage for a tire program .....

Yes if you shop you can find a deal but with Walmart who is going to install them? Watch the date codes. Just be shure Walmart added in the F.E.T. They are good at forgetting things like that till check out. 

I am not in love with Michelin they have Continentals for $670.03. 

Bill

On 7/11/2022 at 7:27 AM, Pinestump said:

$850 for Michelin 305/70R 22.5 from Walmart and $877 from FMCA Today so

no advantage for a tire program .....

Walmart would NEVER be an option for RV tires to me. Have you seen their facilities and personnel lately? They are totally not equipped or trained to replace these large tires on a Class A RV.

I started this thread to congratulate FMCA on their tire program that I was very pleased with. I in no way will debate the quality of Michelin tires up against any other brand as they are top-of-the-line. The silly suggestion of using Walmart for this purchase and service further proves a point here!!!

I have to agree that Walmart would not be on my list of places for tires. I did that research the first time I needed tires. They don't have any equipment to handle the job. I wonder how that worked out.

Did you know you can use the program for tires for your toad? 

Bill