jrtf83

TechConnect Sim in Netgear Hotspot?

Had to trim the moxee sim to a nano sim size.  Put it in netgear LM1200. I think the netgear modem automatically downloaded a profile ( apn? ) works great.  Got a $40.00 Mimo antenna from Amazon and a cudy  router from Amazon as well.  12 mbs.  Do you know how we get the faster speeds? 

9 hours ago, Jimprice505 said:

Had to trim the moxee sim to a nano sim size.  Put it in netgear LM1200. I think the netgear modem automatically downloaded a profile ( apn? ) works great.  Got a $40.00 Mimo antenna from Amazon and a cudy  router from Amazon as well.  12 mbs.  Do you know how we get the faster speeds? 

My understanding is that you contact tech connect and tell them you want to upgrade to the 25...it's a bit more expensive...

Waiting for the equipment to arrive for a SIM transplant from the Moxee to a Netgear Nighthawk M1; the card won't need a trim but will need a card holder to upsize the nano card to a micro card.

Also wondering if the hotspot downloads a profile to the card, but I have IMEI and other info in case it doesn't.

It's necessary to contact DataConnect support to make the change in equipment IMEI, but it works fine after that. I sent them the new IMEI and the SIM number (though I suspect they had the SIM number in their records). Both the Moxee and MR1100 use the same size SIM, so that was seamless.

576829527_ScreenShot2022-08-16at9_45_47AM.thumb.png.a097a36c97f17fb98fcda204a42d38b5.png