elkhartjim

Forum Changed Directions

It appears until FMCA gets all the kinks out of the internet stuff, the forum will be focused on that rather than rving. 

Safe travels everyone. 

I agree with Jim. But it seams to be a few who keep up the complaining. I have ben on the road and haven't experienced all the hoarer stories/problems. Yes you will find some places there is no signal. I haven't tested for speed but like now, wife is streaming a movie and I am on hear. I can watch You Tube at the same time she is watching her movie. What is the problem? 

Bill

On 7/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, bm02tj said:

I think he is means  mobile internet discussion  

Oh, OK. That's why I'm not having problems in that area. I have a Veriszon prepaid hotspot, 25GB @ $35/month; stop/start as I wish.

14 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

I agree with Jim. But it seams to be a few who keep up the complaining. I have ben on the road and haven't experienced all the hoarer stories/problems. Yes you will find some places there is no signal. I haven't tested for speed but like now, wife is streaming a movie and I am on hear. I can watch You Tube at the same time she is watching her movie. What is the problem? 

Bill

I do not have a problem either, but if I did there is nothing wrong with discussing it on this forum. I am always surprised when folks complain about other discussing issues looking for a common resolve of the issues. Is that complaint more valid then theirs?

i know what Elkhartjim is talking about.  at one time, every thread at the bottom of the forums was dealing with the at&t issues.

On 7/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, aztec7fan said:

i know what Elkhartjim is talking about.  at one time, every thread at the bottom of the forums was dealing with the at&t issues.

Well there ya go, it must be a common problem.

My wife and I have had AT&T for many many years and have had no issues. Not sure what the problem is with downloading issues with some people. It is what it is. If you’re not happy with your phone/Wi-Fi, change provider 

The issue was not just having problem it was communications from Tech Connect personnel and how they are selling the service.  Many people called in with the AT&T service saying they were getting a max of 12MB down and were told others are getting 30 or 40 and being putting off is isolated problem. The guy I was with at an RV park we could physically see the tower and I was getting 40 to 60 on my phone and he Speedtest would jump to 45 then back down and settle on 12MB.  He call Tech Connect and told other we're getting 40 on Speedtest and they would look into his problem.  It was not until other creditable organizations report that the plan number on the FMCA SIM was a business speed cap plan of 12MB.  Finally Tech Connect come clean and told people that it was a Speed Cap Plan of 12MB.  

Now they describe the plan correctly and someone doesn't have order to find out that meets their needs or.not.

"The plan being offered through AT&T is a very usable 12 Mbps max speed, with the option to upgrade to 25 Mbps for an additional $5.00 per month. The plan is still unlimited data and is truly unlimited. If you have used 75 GBs or more, and you are in a congested area, you may notice reduced speeds because of data prioritization."

The 12 Mbps will work for large number of users but not all and the 24 Mbps will probably be enough except for some heavy gamers or power users. I debating now if I should  signup for the 25 Mbps plan as a backup to a one of faster plans. 

Edited by cwswine