RGSimmons

Any luck using AT&T SIM card in a Pepwave modem?

I have not had any luck getting my Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro LTEA working with the AT&T SIM card. It just sets there connecting for hours. Has anyone been able to get there system working with anything other than the Moxee?

RGS

I'm using Vrz Simm card and works well. Have you been to an at&t shop and provide them with your router's ID?  They need to tie that ID with their simm card ID, in order for device to work on their network.

Rober

Hi, I am using a SIM card that TechConnect sent me that is set up for my router and it does not connect. I may try the AT&T store to see if they can help. 
Thanks for your advice. 

10 hours ago, RGSimmons said:

Hi, I am using a SIM card that TechConnect sent me that is set up for my router and it does not connect. I may try the AT&T store to see if they can help. 
Thanks for your advice. 

I believe that the AT&T plan is from Tech Connect and AT&T can't/won't help with it.  You need to call FMCA Tech Tech and they will need information about your router/hotspot.  The good news is most other plans say in the TOS that you must use it the device provided but I have read the AT&T card can be moved to a different device.

TechConnect has done everything they can. They told me to contact Pepwave. I seem to get sent somewhere different be everyone. Pepwave has told me to update firmware to see if that resolves my problem. I am in the process of doing that. 

I'm courteous why you have problems with Pepwave and Data Sim.  I know people are having to do some magic to get those 20 dollar unlimited  iPad Sams to work sometimes but a AT&T data plan should come up running.  I have the new Pepwave BR1 5G  and have put my Calyx T-Mobile, My Verizon Unlimited data sim and even my 20.00 iPad AT&T time and they all worked without changing settings.  Yes, I know the AT&T and the Calyx sim moving is against the terms of service but I just see if they would work, I have my Verizon Unlimited Sim in the Pepwave.  I know the Pepwave is pricey but I have spent more money trying to find something cheaper that works as well as the Pepwave.  I got some help from the guys on https://rvforums.com and several are longtime uses of Popwave.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, RGSimmons said:

Hi all, it is now working. All I had to do was update the firmware on it and it started working. 

That is good to know thanks for posting an update after you got it working.