moonwink

Anyone Using "Visible" through Verizon?

I've come across an unlimited phone, data & text offer from Visible https://www.visible.com/plans/

Get Visible for $30/mo, all-in. Or for a few bucks more ($45), Visible+ gives you 5G Ultra Wideband, an even more premium network experience and global reach.

I don't see a "hotspot" mentioned - just using your phone as a hotspot.  I like the prices and figure on moving my phones from Verizon to Visible to save a few dollars.  I actually wanted to have a mobile hotspot on a different carrier so I wouldn't have all my eggs in one basket when camping in remote areas.  None of the carriers can guarantee a good signal everywhere we all like to go.

What kind of network speed will I get with Visible?

Do you slow down my data based on how much I use?

Important Information about Visible’s Broadband Internet Access Services

Let's see if your phone works on our network

I'd love to hear about the experiences of anyone using this carrier.

Yes, we have been using Visible Wireless for 3+ years now without many problems at all. We may be grandfathered in and not available now, but we have a 'Party Pay' plan which we pay $25.00 per month for unlimited data, even using a 'hotspot'. While Visible is own by and uses the Verizon network, they are not the same company, Visible is mainly an "online only" situation. Visible is more of an 'APP' rather than a cellular company, which is why they offer no 'router/hotpsot' device and only allows one device at a time to be connected to a cell phone for data. We purchased just 2 extra cell phones; one stays in our RV the other stays with my mother-in-law (93 y.o.) to give her 24/7 internet for only $25.00 too. We stream all our TV, media and have 24/7 internet, using around 400GB-450GB of data per month. While the speed is okay for SD/HD streaming media, heavy streaming or gaming is really not an option at this speed. Here is our setup that gives us a private personal WiFi network in our RV that we use for everything. One cell phone with the 'Hotspot' activated, WiFi travel router/booster connected to the cell phone (only one device), TVs, laptop, computer, tablets, security system (etc.) connected to the router, a Weboost Drive X RV cell signal booster We also have 2 AT&T cell phones for personal usage, for those infrequent times that Verizon does not have a good signal where we are staying. This setup gives us internet even when traveling for only $25.00 total a month. I hope this helps, would be glad to answer any other questions you might have, although I am not an expert or employee of Visible, just a fellow RVer. Best of luck

Just a quick update, yes Visible Wireless has changed its pricing effective 08/18/2022. Old pricing was $40.00 monthly for the all-inclusive plan, then for each extra person in a Party Pay group the cost would go down by $5.00 to a price of $25.00 total for the month (4 people in a group). Anyone already in a Party Pay group is grandfathered into that plan, and at that cost of $25.00 total. The new pricing is $30.00, and if you want a few extras $45.00 in the all-inclusive plan. All of these prices are "OUT-THE-DOOR" pricing and includes all taxes and fees, unlike almost all other cellular plans out there today that tell you the price, then add the taxes and fees.

I'm still on the $25/mo (with PartyPay) Visible plan. While it's not officially supported, I do use the Visible SIM in my Pepwave router and it works fine after some tweaking of settings. With the retirement of my plan and eventually being forced to move to one of the new ones mentioned above, I'm not sure I'll be sticking with Visible. To answer some of your questions based on my experience with the legacy plan:

• Hotspot speed is limited to 5Mbps and Visible has pretty high latency, making it iffy for things like video conferencing and online gaming
  • It is truly unlimited, with no slow down after hitting some cap, but...
  • Visible data is always deprioritized after post-paid Verizon traffic, so in congested areas you'll see slow downs
  • If playing by the rules, you can only use the SIM in your phone and can only have one (if I recall correctly) device connected to the phone's hotspot at a time.

The Mobile Internet Resource Center just did a good video overview of the new Visible plans:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/visible-revamps-plan-lineup-and-retires-party-pay/

Pete