Sign in to follow this  
Mjm434mrgn

Slide Out motor stop running

Can anyone give me the 1,2,3 steps to diagnose why my slide out motor stop functioning. I will say I noticed it significantly slowing down the past couple of times I used it. I have a 2005 Alfa See Ya, the slide out is 13 feet, I did a visual check and see no obstructions with the teeth and railing looking good.   I ordered a Power Probe 3 to do electrical but need advise what to do first to diagnose the problem. What should I test for?

I'm not familiar with an Alfa but we have many things in common.
What type of slide system do you have. LCI has Kwikee, Power Gear and others.
If it is one of their systems there is a controller that will blink green and red lights. The sequence of those lights will give you an indication of what is wrong.

Wish I could help more.

Edited by wayne77590

12 hours ago, Mjm434mrgn said:

I will say I noticed it significantly slowing down the past couple of times I used it. 

Sounds like it could be a low 12 voltage issue, not enough power? What condition are your coach batteries in? 

Edited by ianbullock

1 hour ago, ianbullock said:

Sounds like it could be a low 12 voltage issue, not enough power? What condition are your coach batteries in? 

I run my slides in/out with the engine on high idle...makes a noticeable difference on my coach.

The engine must be running in my MH also when operating the slides. If not the batteries will drain very quickly and the slides will stop working. This was true in the MH I owned previously as well. 

Ok, so I purchased a Power Probe 3 and Load Pro.   I probed the electric motor by attaching the PP3 to the red and black wires of Klauber electric slide out motor.  The started and continued to move the slide out forward until it was fully extended.  But,  want to retract it. I am stuck.  I tried switching the leads  black to red and red to black with the idea I would reverse the polarity of the slide out motor. Nothing!    2. I tested the leads coming to the electric motor from the switch ( in/out). and the Load Pro on the display showed 00.0. which means Open Circuit. So, now I am going to take the PP3 and test all the fuses in the slide out circuit. But, I have to take a battery from my car and attach the PP3 to it to operate it in the RV.   I check the Manual and this particular slide out circuit has a Solenoid, several relays two 5 amp fuses, Distribution Panel with two 7.5. amp and 15 amp fuses.  Maybe, I should call a electrician.I am guessing it is a fuse or a relay,   Please comment if you know any way I can diagnose the problem with PP3, Load Pro or multimeter.    Thanks everyone