bjwiel2000

Tire for 5th wheel Continental Vs Goodyear?

Go to the FMCA main page, select Discounts, Tire Savings Program,  Continental tires has a special program for FMCA members.  Then check with your local Continental tire dealer, they may be able to sell tire for less money than the FMCA tire program.

Edited by rayin

Has he looked at upgrading his rims to 19.5" there are companies making rims with the right hole pattern that gives you a whole new level of tires to look at. 

Bill

I have had two sets of Goodyear tires, but they were on motor homes. Both sets started cupping on the outside edge at 40,000 mikes.  I have switch to Bridgestone, Michelin and Firestone without any problems. I think Continentals would be a good solution. 

If those tires are the originals, I suggest going up a level. If they were E go to a G rating. Manufacturers are notorious for installing the bare minimum.

Edited by campcop

On 8/24/2022 at 5:54 PM, bjwiel2000 said:

My husband want to replace the Goodyear tires on our 40’  5th wheel.  He likes Continental tires. We currently are running on Gooodyear.  Input would be appreciated!

You didn't mention your current tire size. Are they 16" ST type? one option is to check out the "Commercial not ST type" 17.5" wheels & tires that can provide increased load capacity which should result in some improved reliability. You will need to look at your actual scale weight numbers and compare with the tire load capacities. For 5th wheel RVs I suggest that the tires provide at lease a 15% load capacity margin if possible.